Accounting and Financial Management MScCoventry University
Accounting and Financial Management MSc
All available course dates
Accounting and Financial Management MSc
This Accounting and Financial Management t Master’s course is designed for those seeking higher level education and the opportunity to gain a solid foundation in functional accounting and contemporary finance topics, with the course aiming to improve your capability and understanding in the business world.
Broad in its scope, this course is underpinned by practice-led learning designed to provide an overview of accounting and finance as it is actually applied in the world of business, ideal for those seeking managerial positions or budgetary responsibility. You will explore how financial markets operate and the financial strategies used by successful businesses, drawing on real-life case studies of companies and their financial accounts.
Professional experience option
This master's programme provides you with the additional option to apply for a professional experience opportunity during your first semester with us. The professional experience opportunity is designed to further develop your skills and knowledge with the aim of maximising your employability prospects.
Please note that the optional professional experience modules incur an additional tuition fee, which for 1 semester of professional experience is £1,333.33, for 2 semesters of professional experience is £2,666.67, and for 3 semesters of professional experience is £4,000.
UK & International students
Applicants should hold a good honours degree 2.2 or above in a relevant academic discipline, such as business or finance related subjects. Applications from candidates with relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
For more information about admission requirements, please contact the provider.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Business Strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Quantitative Methods
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Auditing and Assurance
- Governance, Accountability and Ethics
- Financial Risk Management
- Global Professional Development Consultancy
- 1 year full-time
- 2 years part-time
- Variable (with prof experience)
- UK students : £14,250 | £18,250 (with prof. experience) per year.
- International students : £17,900 | £21,900 (with prof experience) per year.
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking on the accounting and financial management conceptual, theoretical frameworks and assumptions behind.
- Exercise sound judgments in the selection of different methods and approaches available to deal with complex accounting and financial management problems in modern business world.
- Develop logical and coherent arguments.
- Demonstrate diagnostic and decision-making skills in dealing with accounting and financial management problems.
- Work out the implications of emerging accounting and finance issues and debates.
- Use advanced mathematical and statistical techniques for financial and investment analysis.
- Select, retrieve and analyse relevant data and information from finance-related databases to solve practical problems, such as ratio analysis.
- Design and conduct research in accounting and financial management using appropriate methodologies to advance knowledge in these areas.
The educational aims of this course are to:
- Enable students to develop an understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to accounting and financial management and provide an opportunity to enhance Masters level knowledge, understanding and skills tailored towards preparing them for studying professional accounting qualifications.
- Provide students with an opportunity to develop and apply key concepts, theories and principles to a wide range of problems in accountancy and financial management
- Create an environment to develop and demonstrate independent and collaborative research capability and present solutions to complex accountancy and financial management problems.
- Equip its graduates with a range of employability skills, attributes and attitudes and develop them into effective problem-solvers who can advise local and international individuals and organisations on a range of accountancy and financial management related matters through the use of the skills and understanding developed on the course.
It can be useful for all types of personal and professional financial management, and on successful completion of the course it could become the catalyst for some students to pursue future careers in financial services as professional accountants, financial analysts and financial consultants, confirming their passion for this field before committing to study the more intensive professional accounting and finance qualifications.
About this institute
Coventry University is a forward-looking, modern university with a proud tradition as a high-quality education provider and a focus on applied research. The students of Coventry University's students benefit from state-of-the-art equipment and facilities in all academic disciplines including health,...
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia