Top-up BA in Software DevelopmentKEA Copenhagen School of Design & Technology
Top-up BA in Software Development
On the software development top-up programme you will learn how to develop and manage large distributed data-intensive systems.
You will work with all the various aspects of software development, such as databases, contracts, testing, system integration, project management and systems development.
During the study programme you will be in close contact with the business community, for example in relation to projects and the internship.
The teaching is project-based, which provides a solid foundation for understanding business processes, and assignments are normally carried out in groups.
Examples of electives include Project Management and IT Security. The elective subjects can vary from semester to semester, to ensure they always match the latest trends.
You must have an AP Degree in Computer Science.
If you are applying without a qualifying Danish AP degree – but have a comparable educational degree – we will evaluate your actual competences and motivation. Contact us for more information.
All applicants must have passed English at a level equivalent to a Danish Upper Secondary education B-level.
Equivalents to Danish B-level in English:
- IELTS (academic test): 6.5 or
- TOEFL (paper-based): 550 or
- TOEFL (internet-based): 83 or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency (CPE)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) with the grade C
- Cambridge First Certificate with the grade A
During the course of your studies you will be in close contact with the business community and you will, for example, write papers in cooperation with a business. You will also be an intern in a business in which you can try out your competencies in practice. We cooperate with a large number of businesses.
Database types, database optimization, administrative tools, transactions, security. In the module you will learn to choose and use the correct database solutions for various tasks. In addition, you will also analyze and work with large databases and tasks, such as redesign and operations optimization.
- Nordic/EU/EEA students are free of charge
- Non-EU citizens must pay a tuition fee of € 5,400 per semester
There is no fee for following students:
- Students from the European Union (EU)
- Students from EEA countries (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland)
- Students from Switzerland
- Students who are granted permanent residency or time-limited permit with the possibility of permanent residence in Denmark
- Students exchanged with Danish students as part of a bilateral agreement with an educational institution abroad
- Students who are granted residence permit under §9c, paragraph 1 of the Aliens Act as the accompanying child of a foreigner with a residency permit issued under pursuant to section 9a of the Aliens Act
Bachelor Degree in Software Development.
The top-up Bachelor's takes 1½ years and are for students who have already completed an AP degree programme or similar. By completing an AP degree programme and the top-up programme, you will obtain a Bachelor’s degree. You will be awarded 90 ECTS points for a BA top-up programme.
About this institute
Copenhagen School of Design and Technology
KEA offers higher-education programmes targeted at the business community in Denmark and abroad. We are one of the largest Business Academies in Denmark, with: 5490 full-time students 1200 international students from 70+ countries 500 employees KEA bridges the gap between...
Want to know more about Top-up BA in Software Development? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.