Top-up BA in Design and Business
On the Design & Business top-up programme, you learn how to analyze a design task in relation to a customer's values and goals.
You work with design processes, trend theories and innovation from a business perspective.
You will learn to plan, manage and execute complex, analytical and creative tasks backed by relevant theory and practice. In other words, you learn the theories and methods required to independently organize, manage and carry out design and business projects in the fashion and lifestyle industries.
The international top-up BA programme in Design & Business lasts three semesters and offers you the choice between the following two lines of specialisation:
Communication Design & Media
Design, business, sociology, knowledge production and method are subjects common to both lines of specialisation.
You will do an internship with a company to test your practical skills and gain useful experience of life in the workplace. Throughout your studies, you will work closely with companies, developing concepts and/or products for them and with them.
To get admitted to the top-up BA programme you must pass an admission test. You must choose your line of specialisation when you do the admission test.
To be admitted into the top-up Bachelor in Design & Business programme you must have completed one of the following AP degree programmes and pass the admission test:
- Design Technology & Business
- Multimedia Design
- Marketing Management
- Production Technology
- Commerce Management
- Marketing Management
- Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management
If you are applying without a qualifying Danish AP degree – but have a comparable educational degree – we will evaluate your actual competences and motivation. Contact us for more information.
All applicants must have passed English at a level equivalent to a Danish Upper Secondary education B-level.
Equivalents to Danish B-level in English:
- IELTS (academic test): 6.5 or
- TOEFL (paper-based): 550 or
- TOEFL (internet-based): 83 or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency (CPE)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) with the grade C
- Cambridge First Certificate with the grade A
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The programme is organized around:
- Three common Design & Business modules
- Specialisation modules
- Two elective modules
- 10 weeks of internship
- A final BA project
During the 5th semester, all BA students will be studying the same basic subjects of design, business, sociology & knowledge production and method. In this semester, you will also start focusing on your specialisation and choose an elective module.
During the 6th semester, you will focus more closely on your specialisation subject and you will finish this semester by starting your 10- week mandatory internship period.
During the 7th semester, you conclude your mandatory internship period and you will finish your BA top-up by writing your bachelor assignment.
- Nordic/EU/EEA students are free of charge
- Non-EU citizens must pay a tuition fee of € 5,600 per semester
There is no fee for following students:
- Students from the European Union (EU)
- Students from EEA countries (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland)
- Students from Switzerland
- Students who are granted permanent residency or time-limited permit with the possibility of permanent residence in Denmark
- Students exchanged with Danish students as part of a bilateral agreement with an educational institution abroad
- Students who are granted residence permit under §9c, paragraph 1 of the Aliens Act as the accompanying child of a foreigner with a residency permit issued under pursuant to section 9a of the Aliens Act
Bachelor Degree in Design & Business
The top-up Bachelor's takes 1½ years and are for students who have already completed an AP degree programme or similar. By completing an AP degree programme and the top-up programme, you will obtain a Bachelor’s degree. You will be awarded 90 ECTS points for a BA top-up programme
About this institute
Copenhagen School of Design and Technology
KEA offers higher-education programmes targeted at the business community in Denmark and abroad. We are one of the largest Business Academies in Denmark, with: 5490 full-time students 1200 international students from 70+ countries 500 employees KEA bridges the gap between...
Want to know more about Top-up BA in Design and Business? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.