Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
BA in Business Economics and IT
Immerse yourself in a unique combination of business economics and information technology that will qualify you to analyze, design and execute projects in the areas of IT, processes and business development. Whether you are dreaming of a career in a multinational company or of starting your own business, a BA in Business Economics and Information Technology gives you the tools and methods you need for innovative thinking and turning ideas into reality.
The study programme runs for 3½ years and covers a broad range of subjects during the seven semesters. These include international economics, business economics, programming, systems development, business strategy, communication and international commercial law, and you can also choose elective subjects. The study programme concludes with a bachelor project.
An education equivalent to a Danish upper secondary education is required.
Mathematics B-level is required in order to apply for the BA in Business Economics and IT. The Mathematics B-level is represented by 250 hours during the last three years of upper-secondary school (equivalent to the Danish B-level of a Danish upper-secondary examination).
All applicants must have passed English at a level equivalent to a Danish Upper Secondary education B-level.
Equivalents to Danish B-level in English:
- IELTS (academic test): 6.5 or
- TOEFL (paper-based): 550 or
- TOEFL (internet-based): 83 or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency (CPE)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) with the grade C
- Cambridge First Certificate with the grade A
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Business Economics is about understanding the companies and organizations that use IT to manage their business processes. You learn to identify, analyze and develop IT-supported business processes from both an operational and strategic perspective.
- Business Economics, including disciplines, such as organizational theory, accounting and marketing
- Business strategy, including concepts such as Enterprise Resource Management (ERM), Supply Chain Management and improving business processes
- Project management
- Strategic planning for information systems
Once you have a foundation for understanding information technology and systems, and combine it with your business knowledge, you will be able to improve processes and develop effective businesses.
- Database design
- Development methods
- Architecture for information systems
- User experiences in an international perspective
- Nordic/EU/EEA students: Free of charge
- Non-EU citizens must pay a tuition fee of € 4,100 per semester.
There is no fee for following students:
- Students from the European Union (EU)
- Students from EEA countries (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland)
- Students from Switzerland
- Students who are granted permanent residency or time-limited permit with the possibility of permanent residence in Denmark
- Students exchanged with Danish students as part of a bilateral agreement with an educational institution abroad
- Students who are granted residence permit under §9c, paragraph 1 of the Aliens Act as the accompanying child of a foreigner with a residency permit issued under pursuant to section 9a of the Aliens Act
Bachelor's degree in Business Economics and IT
As a BA in Economics & Information Technology you will be able to work strategically with optimization of business processes through the use of information technology.
This opens up a number of career opportunities, such as:
- IT Management Consultant
- IT Project Manager
- Systems Developer
- Systems Analyst
- Strategic Business Process Manager
- Project Portfolio Manager
About this institute
Copenhagen School of Design and Technology
KEA offers higher-education programmes targeted at the business community in Denmark and abroad. We are one of the largest Business Academies in Denmark, with: 5490 full-time students 1200 international students from 70+ countries 500 employees KEA bridges the gap between...
Want to know more about BA in Business Economics and IT? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Has COVID-19 affected your study abroad plans?
We want to hear your stories. Help us get a better idea of how the coronavirus is impacting international students by taking our two minute survey.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Prague, Czech Republic