AP in Design, Technology and Business
If you are dreaming of a degree programme in which you can combine creativity with cutting-edge knowledge in fashion, lifestyle, marketing and communication, the Design, Technology and Business Academy Profession Programme may be just the thing for you.
The degree programme takes four semesters, and as an international student, you will study the Marketing & Communication Design specialisation.
The specialisation is aimed at a marketing and communication career.
The four semesters give you comprehensive insight into industry value chains from concept and idea to product development, procurement and production, as well as sales and marketing, and you acquire specialised knowledge and competencies in the specialisation to which you are admitted.
The Design, Technology and Business Academy Profession programme provides you with the latest knowledge and competencies in design methods, trends, materials, production, communication and business models. You will collaborate with both local and global companies during your studies.
Admission to the Design, Technology and Business Academy Profession Programme requires that you pass an admission test.
An education equivalent to a Danish upper secondary education is required.
All applicants must have passed English at a level equivalent to a Danish Upper Secondary education B-level.
Equivalents to Danish B-level in English:
- IELTS (academic test): 6.5 or
- TOEFL (paper-based): 550 or
- TOEFL (internet-based): 83 or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency (CPE)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) with the grade C
- Cambridge First Certificate with the grade A
Everyone who meets the requirements must take an Admission Test.
During the first semester, you will study the core areas Design, Business and Technology. The teaching in the core areas is all structured around a number of tools and skills that will enable you to solve problems independently and in collaboration with your fellow students. You will acquire knowledge about, among other elements, the following methods and skills:
- Trends and culture
- Corporate identity and finances
- Target group
- Mood board and Photoshop (Adobe)
- Research methods
- Concept Development – Design Thinking
- InDesign (Adobe) & Portfolio
Your specialisation is placed in the second and third semesters, and you will focus on theory, method and practice through exercises, assignments and projects in cooperation with companies.
During the last part of the third semester, you will also do a 10-week internship with a company in Denmark or abroad.
In the fourth semester, you can take elective subjects that allow you to tailor your specialisation to your interests or career plans. During the last part of the fourth semester, you must independently prepare a final project in cooperation with a company.
- Nordic/EU/EEA students are free of charge
- Non-EU citizens must pay a tuition fee of € 5,600 per semester
There is no fee for following students:
- Students from the European Union (EU)
- Students from EEA countries (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland)
- Students from Switzerland
- Students who are granted permanent residency or time-limited permit with the possibility of permanent residence in Denmark
- Students exchanged with Danish students as part of a bilateral agreement with an educational institution abroad
- Students who are granted residence permit under §9c, paragraph 1 of the Aliens Act as the accompanying child of a foreigner with a residency permit issued under pursuant to section 9a of the Aliens Act
Academy Profession Degree in Design Technology & Business.
The AP degree programmes last 2-2½ years. You will be awarded 120-150 ECTS points when you have finished a programme. An AP degree enables you to start your working life right away or continue studying for a Bachelor’s degree.
About this institute
Copenhagen School of Design and Technology
KEA offers higher-education programmes targeted at the business community in Denmark and abroad. We are one of the largest Business Academies in Denmark, with: 5490 full-time students 1200 international students from 70+ countries 500 employees KEA bridges the gap between...
Want to know more about AP in Design, Technology and Business? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.