AP in Computer Science
The AP in Computer Science teaches you about databases and their structure. You will gain a foundation in information technology, and learn to develop, refine and maintain IT systems.
The study programme has an emphasis on learning to design and develop programs and apps in collaboration with others, and you also learn about programming, needs analysis and business understanding.
In addition to an internship, the 2½-year study programme deals with general subject areas such as businesses, systems development, programming and technology.
Areas that will give you insight into financial management in companies, system analysis and quality assurance, programming languages, networks, databases and technology development.
An education equivalent to a Danish upper secondary education is required.
Mathematics B-level is required in order to apply for the BA in Business Economics and IT. The Mathematics B-level is represented by 250 hours during the last three years of upper-secondary school (equivalent to the Danish B-level of a Danish upper-secondary examination).
All applicants must have passed English at a level equivalent to a Danish Upper Secondary education B-level.
Equivalents to Danish B-level in English:
- IELTS (academic test): 6.5 or
- TOEFL (paper-based): 550 or
- TOEFL (internet-based): 83 or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency (CPE)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) with the grade C
- Cambridge First Certificate with the grade A
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
System Development - Teaching in this area focuses on systems development theory and method, from pre-analysis to testing systems. Iterative methods, such as Scrum, are primarily taught.
Business - Drawing on organisational theory, you will learn to analyse organisational contexts you can use in systems development and in relation to implementing new systems in organisations.
- Technology - You will learn about computers down to component level, and up into the cloud, so that you understand the processes running on computers that can affect your systems development process and programming.
- Nordic/EU/EEA students are free of charge
- Non-EU citizens must pay a tuition fee of € 5,500 per semester
There is no fee for following students:
- Students from the European Union (EU)
- Students from EEA countries (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland)
- Students from Switzerland
- Students who are granted permanent residency or time-limited permit with the possibility of permanent residence in Denmark
- Students exchanged with Danish students as part of a bilateral agreement with an educational institution abroad
- Students who are granted residence permit under §9c, paragraph 1 of the Aliens Act as the accompanying child of a foreigner with a residency permit issued under pursuant to section 9a of the Aliens Act
Academy Profession Degree in Computer Science.
The AP degree programmes last 2-2½ years. You will be awarded 120-150 ECTS points when you have finished a programme. An AP degree enables you to start your working life right away or continue studying for a Bachelor’s degree.
About this institute
Copenhagen School of Design and Technology
KEA offers higher-education programmes targeted at the business community in Denmark and abroad. We are one of the largest Business Academies in Denmark, with: 5490 full-time students 1200 international students from 70+ countries 500 employees KEA bridges the gap between...
Want to know more about AP in Computer Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.