Online: Creative DirectionCondé Nast College of Fashion & Design
About this program
Online: Creative Direction
This course provides an introduction to the principles of Creative Direction as a profession, uncovering insights intohow fashion design or brand vision is created, conceptualised, planned, and successfully executed. You will learn how to tap into your own creative vision, and explore how visual and real-life experiences are created to attract consumer and audience attention in the fashion and the creative industries. You will also gain insights into how a Creative Director works with a team and leads the creation of their visionary ideas, and explore what the future of Creative Direction as a role in the industry might look like.
Every week there will be a range of activities for you to get involved with. Some of these will be individual, and some you will do during live sessions with the rest of the group studying on the course.
Why choose this course?
The Conde Nast College has unrivalled access to the best and brightest minds in the industry, including the teams at Vogue, LOVE, Glamour, GQ and a host of other Condé Nast titles.The College is in the elevated position of being able to combine academic excellence with unrivalled links to the fashion and media industry. This creates a unique educational environment for students to thrive in.
This course has no academic prerequisites. It’s designed for anyone wishing to broaden their knowledge of how fashion is communicated and those wanting to explore an exciting and innovative way of learning from academics and experts from within the fashion industry.
Students must be aged at least 16 years old on 31st August at the start of the academic year in which they intend to join this course. An academic year runs 1st September-31st August annually. For the duration of the academic year, a student is considered to be their academic age for admissions purposes, regardless of when their birthday falls within that academic year.
English Language Requirements
There are no formal English language requirements for this course. However, if you are a non-UK student and English is not your first language, we recommend you have an Academic IELTS score of 5.5 or be able to use English at this level before commencing your studies. It is your responsibility to ensure you will be able to participate fully in a qualification delivered and assessed in English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The Job of a Creative Director: Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand the different roles and responsibilities of Creative Directors
- Gain insights into the career trajectory for Creative Directors
Developing a Creative Direction: Ideation & Insight
- Developing brand vision
- Creating visual concepts and ideation
- Understanding how to translate audience insights into creative direction
Defining a Concept: Products & Presentation
- Visualising a brand identity
- Visual communication
- Defining and developing concepts and ideas
Communication Strategies: Messages, Interfaces and Experiences
- Communicating brand messages
- Brand tone of voice and messaging
Directing Creativity: Building a Dream Team, Brand Management & Collaboration
- Understanding who do creative directors work with
- How a creative director builds a dream team to create their vision
- Managing the visual communication of a brand
- Collaboration and developing a shared vision
Future Creative Directions
- Understanding the future of the role of creative director.
- Exploring creativity for the future
- Understanding future audiences
£795 (including VAT)
By the end of the course, those who complete and pass all the course tasks will receive a Condé Nast Certificate of Achievement.
This course will act as a good stepping stone to other Condé Nast online courses or our in-person courses at higher levels such as BA or MA.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Understand different roles and responsibilities in creative direction
- Acquire insights into how a creative concept is developed and defined
- Identify methods, channels, and messages for communicating a creative concept
- Demonstrate an understanding of how creative directors collaborate and manage creativity
- Identify emerging consumer needs, future trends, and changing industry landscapes
Message the school
About this institute
The Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design
The Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design provides students with a world-class education in the heart of London. In preparing students for a career in the fashion, media and luxury lifestyle industries, we open the doors to a unique...
Why study at Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design
Industry best connected college in London
World class fashion media education with personalised approached to learning
Over 90 nationalities studying with us
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Want to know more about Online: Creative Direction? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...
Summer / Short course
Diploma / certificate
Summer / Short course
Summer / Short course