Students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a baccalaureate degree in these pre-professional programs ordinarily follow the Biological Sciences or Chemistry curricula. All students must complete the general education requirements in order to earn the A.A. or A.S. degree. Students should become familiar as soon as possible with the requirements of the institution to which they plan to transfer. Students should choose electives only after consulting with an advisor. All course prerequisites must be met.
All course prerequisites must be met. Additionally, students are required to select one course from the International/Multicultural list on page 28 and courses noted with a + sign in the list below to meet graduation requirements. A grade of C or better is required for all English course requirements.
To qualify for unconditional admission to these programs, students must provide evidence that they have attained a certain level of knowledge in the arts and sciences through previous learning.
Evidence may be provided by observing the following procedures:
- Successfully complete the admission requirements.
- Submit either a high school transcript or a student profile report from the American College Testing (ACT) Program
International Students test scores required for placement in college level classes:
For the College’s academic college-level programs, students must verify their language proficiency by:
- a minimum score of 153 on the Language Skills section of the College of Lake County Academic Proficiency Test
- a minimum TOEFL score of 527 on the Paper Based Test, 197 on the Computer Based Test, 71 on the Internet Based Test
- ELI Accuplacer score of 320 or higher
- 6.0 – Academic Format – on the IELTS
- ELS Language Centers, Completing Level 112
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- English Composition I
- Introduction to Psychology
- General Biology I
- Critical Thinking or other Humanities Elective
- Contemporary Health Issues
- English Composition II
- Advanced Composition: Scientific and Technical Communications
- Lifespan Development
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Introduction to Anthropology or other Social Science Elective
- Biomechanics and Kinesiology
- Fundamentals of Speech
- Abnormal Psychology
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Introduction to Ethics or other Humanities Elective
- Exercise Physiology
- Business Statistics
- Business Statistics
- Introduction to the Performing Arts or other Fine Arts Elective
- General Chemistry I
- General Physics or other Physical Science Elective
- Medical Terminology
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the website for more information.
Tuition Fees for Spring 2021 (per credit hour):
- In-district: $125.00
- Out-of-district: $322.00
- Out-of-state and international residents: $436.00
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the website.
Degree: Associate in Arts
About this institute
College of Lake County
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college committed to equitable high-quality education, cultural enrichment and partnerships to advance the diverse communities it serves. CLC is located in Grayslake, Illinois, 45 minutes northwest of Chicago, Illinois. There...
Want to know more about Pre-Occupational Therapy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Orlando, United States of America
Appleton, United States of America
Potsdam, United States of America
Lynnwood, United States of America