Automation, Robotics and Mechatronics
Get hands-on training using the most current industry equipment in our mechatronics/robotics lab in the Science and Engineering building, which opened in 2018 at the Grayslake Campus. We also expanded to offer evening courses in our new mechatronics/robotics lab at the Lakeshore Campus which opened in 2019. Courses cover high-tech manufacturing, automation, robot design and construction, mechanical and electrical systems, pneumatics and hydraulics.
To qualify for unconditional admission to these programs, students must provide evidence that they have attained a certain level of knowledge in the arts and sciences through previous learning.
Evidence may be provided by observing the following procedures:
- Successfully complete the admission requirements.
- Submit either a high school transcript or a student profile report from the American College Testing (ACT) Program
International Students test scores required for placement in college level classes:
For the College’s academic college-level programs, students must verify their language proficiency by:
- a minimum score of 153 on the Language Skills section of the College of Lake County Academic Proficiency Test
- a minimum TOEFL score of 527 on the Paper Based Test, 197 on the Computer Based Test, 71 on the Internet Based Test
- ELI Accuplacer score of 320 or higher
- 6.0 – Academic Format – on the IELTS
- ELS Language Centers, Completing Level 112
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Special Topics: Math
- Special Topics: Communications
- Fundamentals of High Tech Manufacturing I
- Fundamentals of High Tech Manufacturing II
- Fundamentals of High Tech Manufacturing III
- Mechatronics Graphics I
- Mechatronics Graphics II
- Mechatronics Graphics III
- Mechanical Systems I
- Mechanical Systems II
- Mechanical Systems III
- Electrical Systems I
- Electrical Systems II
- Electrical Systems III
- Automation I
- Automation II
- Automation III
- Robot Design and Construction I
- Robot Design and Construction II
- Robot Design and Construction III
- STEM Workplace Professional Skills
- Automation IV
- Automation V
- Automation VI
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics I
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics II
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics III
- Electrical Systems Capstone
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems Capstone
- Complete Systems Integration
- Technical Mathematics
- Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
- Fundamentals of Speech
- English Composition I
- Social Sciences IAI
- Humanities and Fine Arts
- Reverse Engineering of Mechanical Systems
- Advanced Motor Control
- Programmable Automation Technologies
- Automation Pyramid
- Manufacturing Process Design
- Process Control Technologies
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the website for more information.
Classes available at the Grayslake Campus during the day or at the Lakeshore Campus (Waukegan) in the evening.
Tuition Fees for Spring 2021 (per credit hour):
- In-district: $125.00
- Out-of-district: $322.00
- Out-of-state and international residents: $436.00
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the website.
Degree: Associate in Applied Science, Automation, Robotics and Mechatronics
Typical job titles in this field include mechatronics technician, robotics technician, electrical and electronics repairer, mechanical engineering technician and electronics engineering technician.
- Mechatronics Technician
- Robotics Technician
- Electrical and Electronic
- Equipment Assembler
- Electrical and Electronics
- (commercial or industrial
- Electro-mechanical Technician
- Maintenance and Repair Worker
- Maintenance Worker, Machinery
- Mechanical Engineering
- Programmable Logic Controller
- (PLC) Installer
- Entry-level PLC Programmer
- Technical Sales Representative
About this institute
College of Lake County
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college committed to equitable high-quality education, cultural enrichment and partnerships to advance the diverse communities it serves. CLC is located in Grayslake, Illinois, 45 minutes northwest of Chicago, Illinois. There...
Want to know more about Automation, Robotics and Mechatronics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Fresno, United States of America
Palatine, United States of America
Angola, United States of America
Palatine, United States of America