BSc Construction ManagementUniversity College of Estate Management
BSc Construction Management
The programme provides students with a rigorous understanding of the principles, practices and ethics involved in construction management in a worldwide context up to Bachelor’s degree standard. It provides the academic underpinning necessary to prepare students for a career as a chartered builder or in other related professions and provides students with the opportunity to satisfy the academic requirements for Chartered Membership of the CIOB and RICS..
The programme is primarily designed for people employed in the construction industry, such as those working in large contracting organisations and commercial developers and local authority or armed forces personnel. Such employment is not mandatory, but is desirable.
- 96 UCAS tariff points. National Certificates and National Diplomas will be considered but must have good merit and distinction profiles (excluding common skills)
- Any HNCs and HNDs will be considered
- Completed an Advanced Apprenticeship in Surveying* or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Technical* through which a Construction and Built Environment Diploma with a minimum DD profile was obtained or through which a Construction and Built Environment Extended Diploma with a minimum MMM profile was obtained, or an equivalent qualification
- A current Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Associate qualification (AssocRICS) and be in relevant employment**
* Completion of this apprenticeship will need to be evidenced through a verified copy of the apprenticeship completion certificate as issued by the apprenticeship certification body.
** Relevant employment is employment in a job role that will support the applicant in developing the required skills, knowledge and behaviours.
- Mathematics Grade C or above at GCSE or equivalent (Grade 4 for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England)
And one of the following:
- Grade C or above in English (Language or Literature) at GCSE or its equivalent (Grade 4 for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England)
- Grade 5.5 or above, with at least 5.0 in the reading, writing and listening modules, in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test administered by the British Council in the academic test
- 79 or above in the Internet option, 213 or above in the computer-based option or 550 or above in the paper-based option, of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Grade C or above in Use of English at A/S Level
Applicants who do not meet the requirements stated above, but who wish to be considered for this programme should refer to the UCEM Code of Practice: Admissions and Recognition of Prior Learning for the policy on non-standard admission.
Accessible, flexible and cost-effective education producing leading talent for a better Built Environment. UCEM is the leading provider of supported online learning of degree programs in the Built Environment. Their programs are designed for Real Estate and Construction professionals. The...
Want to know more about BSc Construction Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.