History examines human experiences, confronting facets of human life in the past and present. Gaining a better understanding of the world and thinking about it critically are the ultimate goals of of the program.
As a history major, you have the unique opportunity to develop areas of expertise generally unavailable at liberal arts colleges. With history courses focused on science; medicine; technology; society; war studies; and the ancient, medieval and renaissance world, you gain a broad knowledge base tailored to your interests. This knowledge will be unique to your education and expand boundaries after graduation.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Common application (apply.commonapp.org)
- Official secondary school transcript, marks sheets, and national exam scores (if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Copy of your current passport
- SAT or ACT score reports
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score reports
- Duolingo English Test score 115
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In the history program, a total of 31 out of the 120 credit hours are devoted to history classes. This leaves flexibility for you to narrow your area of interest with minors, concentrations or double majors.
Take courses such as:
- War and Society
- Themes and Concepts in Chinese History
- Modern Sex: Sexualities and Genders in Modern America
- History of Women and Gender in America
- Ancient Medicine and Magic
- War in the middle Ages
- The Construction of Nazi Germany
- Voices of the Past
For more information please visit the University website.
History majors shine in careers in which critical thinking, historical perspective and strong writing skills are essential for success. A few of those careers include the following:
- Not-for-profits and start-ups
About this institute
Over our 120+-year history, Clarkson has honed an ecosystem that lets you design your rigorous academics, research and social life to intentionally collide with your own personal passions to create a powerful learning experience. If you like to roll-up your...
Why study at Clarkson University
- Top 10 in the nation for universities that increase salaries the most.
- A Clarkson degree will increase your earnings by 42% on average (Brookings Institute).
- The newly renovated Cheel Campus Center and Arena offers state-of-the-art features, including fitness and gym space, and ice hockey facilities.
Want to know more about History? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...