Bachelor of Arts in HistoryClark University
Bachelor of Arts in History
All available course dates
Bachelor of Arts in History
As a history major, you will uncover insights and perspectives from the past to better understand the present. Through working directly with artifacts of the past — from letters exchanged during the Holocaust to the genealogical records of a local African-American community — history will come alive in your hands.
You will collaborate with professors and peers to develop a deep understanding of the past across eras, cultures, and societies. At the same time, you will master critical skills — persuasive writing, interpreting data, and giving compelling presentations, among others — that will prepare you for a successful career in any field. Our graduates have worked in education, libraries, museums, business, medicine, law, social justice, and the military.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
For 2021-2022 entry, Clark University has no application fee.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Your faculty adviser will work with you to design a history program that fits your interests and goals. All history majors are required to take ten history courses, along with two related non-history courses, distributed as follows:
- The course Writing History, to gain familiarly with different types of historical writing and the issues involved in researching and writing historical studies
- One course each in United States, European, and global history
- One course devoted primarily to the period before 1800
- Five courses in your chosen area of specialization, which may be a geographic specialization in U.S., European, or global History, or a thematic specialization that is comparative or transnational in its approach
- A senior-year capstone course, designed to bring together all you have learned in your specialization; this requirement can also be fulfilled by entering the honors program and writing a thesis
- Two courses outside the History Department in fields related to your area of specialization
Qualified students are eligible for election to Phi Alpha Theta, the National Honor Society in history. Students inducted into the honor society plan events like film screenings and trips to historic sites.
Skills you will learn include:
- Research: how to find primary and secondary sources, and how to frame research questions
- Analysis: learn what constitutes valid historical evidence, how to analyze that evidence, and the arguments made by historians to construct your own arguments
- Quantitative data management and time management: how to manage quantitative information and organize research projects to complete them on time
- Strong writing: synthesize material and learn to develop your ideas to express them clearly, a key skill for any future job
- Understanding our world: learn how the present has come to be, and gain insight into the workings of modern society, culture, politics, and the economy
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
CLARK UNIVERSITY COST OF ATTENDANCE
Tuition | $49,950
Standard Housing | $6,000
Standard Meal Plan | $4,150
Health Insurance | $1,793
Other Fees | $900
At Clark you’ll get more than a great education; you’ll also be prepared for a long, productive career and life of consequence. And once you’ve completed your degree, you can join other Clark alumni who have gone on to work for great organizations and attend some of the best graduate schools in the world.
About this institute
Founded in 1887, Clark University is a liberal arts-based research university in the city of Worcester, Massachusetts, about 40 miles west of Boston. Clark is a global community; 15% of our student body is international, representing more than 80 countries....
Why study at Clark University
For more information, please visit our website.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Arts in History? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...