Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Academic Excellence in Shenzhen, China
Located in the picturesque region south of Universiade Park in Longgang District, The Chinese University of Hong Kong Shenzhen (CUHK) is surrounded by green pastures, rolling hills, and a lake area offering stunning views. This provides a tranquil environment for students, while offering a unique experience to study in China.
The new campus in Shenzhen is an advanced and comprehensive research institute with a global vision. CHUK’s mission is to bring the East and West together by combining traditions with modern learning methods. CUHK extends the core educational philosophy and values of CUHK to mainland China. This is accomplished by bringing together educational and research resources of Hong Kong and Mainland China to provide high quality education.
Top-Class English-taught Programs in Shenzhen, China
The new campus in Shenzhen is modeled after the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) ranked 44th in the world and 8th in Asia in the QS (2016/2017), CUHK is a progressive research university with a global vision. The quality assurance processes and standards for degrees in CUHK will be adopted, and the Senate of CUHK will be responsible for the approval and monitoring of programs offered by CUHK Shenzhen. CUHK Degrees will be conferred on CUHK Shenzhen students who have fulfilled the requirements of the respective academic programs.
Why CUHK Shenzhen
- World-class University, Shenzhen-China’s ‘Silicon Valley’
- CUHK is ranked 44th in the world and 8th in Asia (based on the QS• World University Rankings® 2016/2017)
- Shenzhen, situated immediately north of Hong Kong, has headquarters of numerous high-tech multinational enterprises including Huawei, ZTE, Tencent and TCL, etc.
- A subtropical coastal megacity with abundant green and lush flora.
One Brand, Two Campuses
- Quality teaching and academic research standards consistent with CUHK
- CUHK degrees awarded to CUHK Shenzhen students upon graduation
- English Curricula, International Environment
- Top tier teaching staff recruited globally and an internationalized academic environment
Life at CUHK
As a CUHK student, you'll have plenty of activities to keep you busy in your spare time. From music to dancing, cultural activities, and sports, CUHK offers groups and events for everyone. You can become involved in any society that interests you, or you can also start your own.
CUHK organizes many events for students. The School of Management and Economics organizes the "Industry Highlight of SME" which is a regular event that invites successful innovators to engage and interact with the student body through various events.
CUHK also organizes activities such as a film festival, a Peking Opera performance, and holiday parties. At CUHK, everyone can enjoy sports or exercise as a daily part of their student life. There are sports facilities free for students to use, such as an indoor basketball court, an indoor badminton court, and a gym.
Scholarships for International Students
Entry Scholarships for 4 years
All international applicants will automatically be considered for one of the admission scholarships along with admission decisions. The scholarship will be provided for 4 years, as long as entry scholarship owners can keep their GPA above 3.0.
- 100% Tuition Fee Scholarship
- 50% Tuition Fee Scholarship
- 25% Tuition Fee Scholarship
Academic Performance Scholarship
In order to encourage the pursuit of better academic performance, the university provides high value Academic Performance Scholarships.
- Tier 1: 80,000 RMB per year
- Tier 2: 40,000 RMB per year
- Tier 3: 20,000 RMB per year
English Language Mentor Bursary
CUHK Shenzhen offers English teaching opportunity in campus for international students from English speaking countries. It offers them free tuition and free accommodation for students’ 4-year undergraduate studies as long as they serve as English Language Mentor at Centre for Self-access Language Learning for several hours per week. Only 10 spaces available.
- Full Tuition Fee Bursary (8 hours per week) + Accommodation Fee
- 50% Tuition Fee Bursary (4 hours per week) + Accommodation Fee
Student assistants are highly demanded by administrative departments and offices. The work of student assistants are paid.
CUHK Shenzhen aims at developing innovative, forward-thinking, globally-minded and principled leaders who strive for the betterment of nosiness and society. It has reached out some local and international companies for internship opportunities for students since their Year 1.
Chinese University of Hong Kong Shenzhen, CUHKSZ
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!