About this program
Graduate Certificate of Specialist Education
The Graduate Certificate of Specialist Education focuses on developing knowledge and skills in a specialist field of education. This course aims to meet the professional development needs of teachers, practitioners, policymakers and principals working in the Northern Territory, Australia and the Asia Pacific. You are encouraged to undertake specialist studies that meet personal, organisational, workplace and community interests. You will enhance your analytical thinking, collaborative learning and transformative practice skills in localised, national and/or international settings. You will also enhance your work experience by applying professional knowledge and skills acquired throughout the course to practical contexts and settings.
Successful completion of a recognised bachelor degree, graduate certificate, graduate diploma, master's degree or equivalent international qualification.
Applicants without one of the above qualifications in education, but who have at least five years relevant professional experience, for example in an education setting or role, learning design or digital technology training, will be considered on a case by case basis. Applicants must provide further documentation in the form of a curriculum vitae (CV) with their application.
English language requirements
To gain entry into Charles Darwin University, all Higher Education applicants must satisfy the University's English Language Proficiency Requirements for their chosen course of study. International applicants will be required to supply evidence of this at the time of application.
The minimum English language requirement for this course is met by either undertaking previous education in an English-speaking country or undertaking one of the following English language tests and obtaining the minimum requirements listed below.
- IELTS Academic Module: A minimum overall score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0.
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE): A minimum overall score of 176, with no skill below 169.
- Common European Framework Certificate of English Proficiency: A minimum overall grade of C1, valid for three years from the date of the test to the date of commencement at CDU.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic module: A minimum overall score of 58 with no score lower than 50.
- TOEFL Internet-based Test (iBT): A minimum overall score of 79 with a minimum writing score of 21.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Digital Learning Futures
- Hacking the Matrix: Video Games, Cyber Security and the Digital Paradigm
- Education, Apps and Mobile Devices
- Digital Technologies in Education Aid and Development
- Digital Cultures, Curricula and Assessment
- Digital Technologies: Digital Literacies and Data Literacy
- Pedagogy and Technology of Learning at University
- Inclusive Education, Policies and Practice
- Promoting Positive Behaviour
- Primary Specialisation: Special Education, Language and Literacy
- Society and Education
- Building Relationships in Indigenous Contexts
- Challenging Educational Paradigm
- Creative Ways of Working with Children and Young People
Managing and Leading Education
- Leadership in Education
- Challenging Educational Paradigm
- Global Megatrends
- Business Analytics
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- Resilience Management and Leadership
- Introduction to English Linguistics
- Applied Language Teaching Methodologies
- Understanding Language Acquisition
- Language Testing and Evaluation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee: $14,052
This course is accredited by the University in accordance with the Higher Education Standards.
Message the school
About this institute
Charles Darwin University
Charles Darwin University (CDU) is a sustainable, innovative, creative and inclusive new world university located in northern Australia teaching 24,000 students from more than 69 nationalities across 11 campuses and training centres, in over 100 regional and remote locations; and...
Why study at Charles Darwin University
High Graduate Salaries
CDU is ranked the number one Australian university for postgraduate employment outcomes.
Leader in Online Learning
CDU is a pioneer in e-learning and has been delivering courses online for almost 20 years. While you are studying online with CDU, you'll be studying with an innovative multi-sector university that is a leader in research and online study delivery.
With small class sizes, lecturers know your name and provide personalised support and advice.
You will receive support from academic staff and the dedicated International Student Support team, who will work with you throughout your studies to ensure your success.
Our main campus in Casuarina is surrounded by nature, with bike paths linking the University to the tropical surrounds, including a beautiful beach a few minutes away. Affordable public transport connects the campus to the Darwin Central Business District (CBD).
Dual-sector university is a pathway for everyone, from VET and undergraduate courses to postgraduate and higher degrees by research.
Want to know more about Graduate Certificate of Specialist Education? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!