About this program
Diploma of Counselling
Do you seek a career that will make a positive impact on the health and well-being of those in your community? Or perhaps you are wanting to build on your knowledge in human services? The Diploma of Counselling may be the course you are looking for.
During your course, you will explore key areas such as psychology, trauma assessment and intervention, alcohol and other drugs as well as build on your communication skills.
This course also available in Online with the study pace of full time & part time. And part time duration is 2 years
Admission requirements are met by one of the following:
- Successful completion of the Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (or equivalent) and the awarding of an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of at least 60*.
- Successful completion of a national qualification at Certificate IV level or higher.
- Successful completion of at least 0.5 year of full-time study (or equivalent) of a higher education degree/diploma.
- Overseas secondary or tertiary qualifications considered equivalent to the above Australian qualifications.
- Attainment of a STAT Multiple Choice score of 135 (or a score of 145 if prior to May 2010).
- Successful completion of the Tertiary Enabling Program, the ACIKE Preparation for Tertiary Success courses, or other recognised tertiary preparation course.
- Submission of an acceptable personal competencies statement and/or employment experience.
* After any applicable adjustment factors have been applied.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee: $28,224
On successful completion of this course, student will awarded by Diploma of Counselling.
This qualification will complement your existing professional career, or it may prepare you for career opportunities in counselling-related fields in government, private companies, non-government organisations (NGO) and community groups.
Message the school
About this institute
Charles Darwin University
Charles Darwin University (CDU) is a sustainable, innovative, creative and inclusive new world university located in northern Australia teaching 24,000 students from more than 69 nationalities across 11 campuses and training centres, in over 100 regional and remote locations; and...
Why study at Charles Darwin University
High Graduate Salaries
CDU is ranked the number one Australian university for postgraduate employment outcomes.
Leader in Online Learning
CDU is a pioneer in e-learning and has been delivering courses online for almost 20 years. While you are studying online with CDU, you'll be studying with an innovative multi-sector university that is a leader in research and online study delivery.
With small class sizes, lecturers know your name and provide personalised support and advice.
You will receive support from academic staff and the dedicated International Student Support team, who will work with you throughout your studies to ensure your success.
Our main campus in Casuarina is surrounded by nature, with bike paths linking the University to the tropical surrounds, including a beautiful beach a few minutes away. Affordable public transport connects the campus to the Darwin Central Business District (CBD).
Dual-sector university is a pathway for everyone, from VET and undergraduate courses to postgraduate and higher degrees by research.
Want to know more about Diploma of Counselling? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!