About this program
Bachelor of Education Early Childhood Teaching
The course is designed to:
- develop professional knowledge and skills for teaching children from birth to 12 years
- prepare you for new and changing educational roles in early childhood and primary schools
- develop your skills as a reflective teacher
- explore the connection between theory and practice in early childhood and primary school education
- ensure continuing awareness of the environmental and cultural influences on teaching and learning in early childhood and primary schools
- better understand the needs of learners and communities with diverse linguistic and cultural orientations, including Indigenous learners.
This course also available in Online with the study pace of full time & part time. And part time duration is 8 years
Admission requirements are met by one of the following:
- Successful completion of the Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (or equivalent) and the awarding of an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of at least 60*.
- Successful completion of a national qualification at Certificate IV level or higher.
- Successful completion of at least 0.5 year of full-time study (or equivalent) of a higher education degree/diploma.
- Overseas secondary or tertiary qualifications considered equivalent to the above Australian qualifications.
- Attainment of a STAT Multiple Choice score of 135 (or a score of 145 if prior to May 2010).
- Successful completion of the Tertiary Enabling Program, the ACIKE Preparation for Tertiary Success courses, or other recognised tertiary preparation course.
- Submission of an acceptable personal competencies statement and/or employment experience.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee: $26,712
This unique teacher education course offers two career options for graduates.
It is an initial-teacher education qualification that encompasses working with children from birth to age 12 in both early childhood settings and primary schools.
On successful completion of this course, student will awarded by Bachelor of Education Early Childhood Teaching.
The Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching is an innovative course that prepares you to become an early childhood teacher and/or a primary school teacher. This gives you flexible and versatile employment options.
During the course, you explore issues, concepts and practices which are common and specific to both early childhood education (including before school settings) and primary school education.
Graduating from this course prepares you to teach in a prior to school setting, primary school or work in associated educational areas such as:
- Curriculum development
- Educational planning
- Educational research
- Policy development.
Message the school
About this institute
Charles Darwin University
Charles Darwin University (CDU) is a sustainable, innovative, creative and inclusive new world university located in northern Australia teaching 24,000 students from more than 55 nationalities across 11 campuses and training centres, in over 100 regional and remote locations; and...
Why study at Charles Darwin University
High Graduate Salaries
CDU is ranked the number one Australian university for postgraduate employment outcomes.
Leader in Online Learning
CDU is a pioneer in e-learning and has been delivering courses online for almost 20 years. While you are studying online with CDU, you'll be studying with an innovative multi-sector university that is a leader in research and online study delivery.
With small class sizes, lecturers know your name and provide personalised support and advice.
You will receive support from academic staff and the dedicated International Student Support team, who will work with you throughout your studies to ensure your success.
Our main campus in Casuarina is surrounded by nature, with bike paths linking the University to the tropical surrounds, including a beautiful beach a few minutes away. Affordable public transport connects the campus to the Darwin Central Business District (CBD).
Dual-sector university is a pathway for everyone, from VET and undergraduate courses to postgraduate and higher degrees by research.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Education Early Childhood Teaching? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Indianapolis, United States of America