Sports Management: Entrepreneurship ApproachCETT-UB Campus de Turisme, Hoteleria i Gastronomia
Sports Management: Entrepreneurship Approach
As the pace of modern life accelerates, the society of the 21st century recovers a Roman motto: “mens sana in corpora sano.” The awareness about the importance of doing sports is growing, acting as a powerful driver for one of the most prolific and dynamic industries, which involves, as follows: organization of sports events, sports club management, facilities profitability, tourism destination development, design of mixed activities, co-products creation etc.
Due to its diverse, quickly-changing nature sports industry gives endless opportunities for business. This program’s main objective is the student’s introduction into the industry of sports from a business management point of view.
Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students or Young Professionals
Accreditation of Languages: Level of English - Intermediate (B1-B2)
Sports, Society and Entrepreneurship
Sports and Society
- Lifestyle: the relationship between social trends and sport:
- Sport in daily life.
- Sport as a lifestyle: subcultures and trends.
- New activities and sports hybrids.
- Conceptual map for a beginner in the sports industry.
- National and international sports organizations.
Management of Sporting Events
- Organization of sporting events: popular and high competition.
- Olympic Games: value for a city - before and after. The case of Barcelona.
- Motor World: profitability of the national and international races. The case of Formula 1; Barcelona-Catalonia Circuit.
- The city as a sports venue: stadiums, fields, parks, main streets, ports, beaches, etc.
Management of Sporting Enterprises
Business Models in the Sporting Industry
- Sports Business Models:
- Amateur sports.
- Professional sports.
- Sport + Health.
- Sport + Leisure.
Sports Club Management
- Management of Sports Club.
- Typology, management models.
- Social club vs. Comercial club.
- Sports Club in schools and universities.
- Profitability vs. Elitism.
- Relationship between social trends and constant innovation.
- Management of professional clubs.
- Sports as a show.
- High-performance management.
- Fundraising and sponsorship.
- Business potential.
- “The Sea and the Mountain”: sports and adventure destination.
- Country as a brand.
- Certification of sports tourism in Cataluña: municipalities, nautical and ski resorts.
- New business models.
Scholarships & funding
There will be 10% early-bird discounts offered for payments made before 15 May 2019.
CETT-UB Campus de Turisme, Hoteleria i Gastronomia
CETT is an international School for education and knowledge transfer in tourism and hotel management and gastronomy. CETT is affiliated with the University of Barcelona. It offers all available training and study levels (technical training, university graduate and postgraduate, continuous...
Want to know more about Sports Management: Entrepreneurship Approach? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.