Executive Master in EU StudiesCentre international de formation européenne (CIFE)
About this program
Executive Master in EU Studies
CIFE has offered the Executive Master in EU Studies since 2009.
The Master provides structured knowledge of EU fundamentals, focused on key issues for in-depth understanding and a future-oriented approach to EU integration.
Designed for professionals who want to study while pursuing their careers, our programme is a two-year academic journey that enables flexible study paths.
Each year's incoming class is made up of participants from diverse nationalities and backgrounds.
The first year offers a range of compulsory and elective courses on European integration history, the EU institutional architecture, the EU in world politics, EU law, EU enlargement, the political economy of energy transitions, sustainable development and more. To learn about fundamentals of European studies will form the basis for the courses in the second year. The learning outcome will be enlarged by interdisciplinary sessions by experts of different disciplines.
Throughout the whole programme, participants will also acquire skills and competences, resources and expertise, which are useful for their professional careers. This includes for example negotiating within an international context, drafting reports, position papers and policy briefs, presentation skills, working with media and journalists (press release, information cycle), or writing legal opinions and writs.
The first term introduces the basic courses required to understand European integration:
- History of European Integration
- The Institutional Architecture of the EU
- Introduction to EU Law
The second and third term are composed of compulsory courses:
- EU Law in Action: Leading Cases - Internal Market and Competition
- The EU in World Politics
- The Enlargement of the EU - Experiences, Processes and Impact
- Simulation of a Summit of the EU Council
and optional courses:
- Political Economy of Energy Transitions
- Sustainable Development in the EU
- Justice and Home Affairs
- Lobbying and Advocacy in the EU
- Economic Dimension of the EU Integration
The second year of the Executive Master in EU Studies starts with Advanced courses in the disciplines Political Science, Economics and EU Law. Participants then specialise in one discipline and have the possibility to either choose the professional track, intensify their skills and competences for the labour market and leading to a final paper, or the research track where research and methodology methods lead to a Master thesis in their chosen field of interest.
In the course Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach, participants will learn to plan, propose and manage an international project.
- Political Science: Explaining the Institutional Evolution of the EU: Drivers and Barriers
- Economics: The European Union Facing Global Economic Challenges
- EU Law: Constitutional Framework of the EU, European Citizenship and EU Fundamental Rights
- Political Science: Formats of Professional Practice: Working in the EU Political Arena
- Economics: Cohesion and Differenciation - Internal Cohesion of the EU
- EU Law: Internal Market, Trade and Sustainability
- Political Science
- EU Law
Skills and competences:
Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the institute website for more information.
Our Methods - Virtual and Personal
E-Learning and Face-to-Face Workshops
The Executive Master in EU Studies offers state-of-the-art blended learning through interactive online courses, moderated fora, webinars, instructional videos, individual guidance and face-to-face workshops.
Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels, Budapest, Nice, Rome and Vienna: Our intensive weekend workshops bring participants and faculty together for exclusive lectures and skills training.
The tuition fees are 4,900 euro per year.
Participants who successfully complete the programme receive at the end of the academic year two certifications:
- The Executive Master in EU Studies: this is the diploma of CIFE as a private institute of higher education, certifying the successful completion and granting 60 ECTS.
- The degree qualification Chargé de mission en organisations européennes et internationales (Policy Officer in European and International organisations): this qualification is recognised by the French state as a degree at Master level. It is registered in the French national register of professional qualifications (RNCP) which lists all diplomas, degrees and professional titles recognised by France.
Professional Fields of Recent CIFE Graduates
- International and EU Organisations
- Companies and Banks
- National Governments and Administration
- Research and Teaching
- Consultancy and Advocacy
- International Humanitarian Sector/NGOs
- International Media
Message the school
About this institute
Centre international de formation européenne (CIFE)
The Centre international de formation européenne (CIFE) is a private institute of higher education and research. It is one of the seven designated institutions receiving special funding from the European Union in the framework of the Jean Monnet Programme. Since...
Want to know more about Executive Master in EU Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...