About this program
Advanced diploma in graphic design- media
The Graphic Design Media program at Centennial College offers you the opportunity to earn a multidisciplinary diploma in only 5 semesters.
With a Graphic Design Media diploma, you will use hands on and visual tools to increase your success in the design world through problem solving, improving visual graphic skills and developing creative ideas.
The Graphic Design Media program specializes in design for print and visual design. Courses include Interactive Design for Mobile Platforms, Two-Dimensional Design + Typography, Publication Design, and Motion Graphics.
The media and design skills include:
- Problem solving skills in graphic design phases
- Project management skills including effective communication with clients, coworkers and target audiences
- Develop typographic skills and creative strategies for print publications, packaging and illustration
By working with internal and external clients, and an industry field placement in the design world, the Graphic Design Media program will improve your portfolio and give you the graphic design background required in order to take your career to the next level. Upon completion of the diploma, the career opportunities available are magazine design firms, publishing companies, newspaper departments, TV production facilities and much more.
The Centennial College Graphic Design - Media program is formally recognized by the Association of Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario (RGD Ontario), which represents more than 3,000 graphic designers, managers, educators and students across Ontario.
The admission requirements for the Graphic Design Media program are:
- Ontario high school diploma or equivalent, or mature student status
- Minimum English Grade 12 course or equivalent
- Attend a mandatory program admission session where you will submit a portfolio of work
- Portfolio requirements
- Select up to 15 pieces of your original work in art and design that demonstrates your ability in graphic design
- Include color integrated designs created in digital illustration and digital imaging applications, and a short research paper about your design philosophy including field of interest
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
For tuition and fees for the program, please complete an information request form.
Message the school
About this institute
Welcome to Centennial College
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high quality Canadian Education that is hands on and employment focused. Programs at Centennial promote experiential learning with laboratory instruction, co-op education and industry placements. Centennial...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
I am working at Independent Television Network Limited from 2012 till date. I am the one who is doing the channel ID and themes, animation works and graphical effects. I am applying this to upgrade myself in a professional way. Since our country's studies method is not enough to upgrade up to Intentional range I am planning to migrate to Can...
Fax +1 416 289-5352
Want to know more about Diploma in Graphic Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.