Bachelor of Social Work
Carleton’s Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) is a four-year Honours degree that places strong emphasis on the interactions between people and their environments.
The BSW program combines a liberal arts education with professional social work education. In your first year, you will take a range of courses outside of social work and two social work courses that will introduce you to the profession of social work and the programs and policies of the state.
Students need to submit a portfolio as part of their application.
For more information about admission requirements, prerequisite courses and deadlines, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) at Carleton is an Honours program that provides an innovative approach to social work practice.
The School’s orientation places a strong emphasis on the development of strategies for working sensitively with people, both individually and collectively. The School also emphasizes the need for a critical analysis of the social policies and administrative practices that affect the lives of people from diverse populations in our society.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Typically, Carleton University's undergraduate degree programs are all delivered in person, on campus. However, to prioritize safety and to remain in line with public health information available at this time, Carleton has made the decision to guarantee the online delivery of all first-year courses for the fall 2020 term. Please visit their website for the latest updates.
Tuition fees for the Bachelor of Social Work (2020 - 2021)
- International Students: CAD 28,692.57
Graduates of this four-year Honours program may be eligible to go on to graduate studies in a variety of fields, including social work. Along with the BSW, Carleton’s School of Social Work also offers graduate programs leading to a Master of Social Work degree and Ph.D. in Social Work.
Carleton Social Work graduates have opportunities to work across a broad spectrum of fields and settings with people from diverse cultures. As a BSW graduate, you might find yourself catching a seaplane to fly into a remote community to provide child welfare services or you might board a bus to begin a day’s work at a downtown youth drop-in centre.
Zara talks about why she chose to study Social Work at Carleton and provides advice to prospective Social Work students.
About this institute
Carleton University is located in beautiful Ottawa, the capital of Canada. Carleton is committed to giving back through education while pursuing contributions to the common good. These founding values are at the heart of the university’s focus on research, community...
Why study at Carleton University
- A large percentage of Canada’s major medical, clinical and life science research centres are located in the Ottawa area, as well as a growing technology industry with over 1,900 companies.
- The majority of their programs feature work-study opportunities (known as “co-op”), that allow students to gain full-time, paid employment related to their academic program.
- Carleton is a close-knit, supportive and diverse community. This includes academic support, help with jobs and career, health and counselling, student life, athletics, and 300+ student-run clubs and societies. Students come from 140+ countries and have many opportunities to get involved in community-building activities both on and off-campus.
- Campus is a green oasis, nestled between the Rideau River, Rideau Canal and Dow’s Lake. Their self-contained campus and focus on community encourage student interaction, which can provide you with both valuable communication skills and lasting friendships.
- Qualified applicants are automatically offered entrance scholarships ranging from $4,000 to $16,000 CAD over four years, and a place in one of Carleton’s on-campus residences.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Social Work? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America