Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor of International Business
The Sprott School of Business offers a Bachelor of International Business which is recognized as a leading program in international business education. With a focus on international business, you will develop cross-cultural skills, become proficient in another language and study abroad for a year in a country where that language is spoken.
The Bachelor of International Business delivers a unique business education that is truly international.
The Sprott School of Business also offers a separate Bachelor of Commerce degree program and the following graduate programs: Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Accounting, MSc/PhD in Management.
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Mathematics
Advance Functions mark must be low to mid 70s. Calculus and Vectors recommended.
Language requirements (other than English)
In years one and two, BIB students are required to take language courses in one of: French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, or Spanish.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The Bachelor of International Business (BIB) delivers a truly international business education. It focuses on five key elements:
- Intensive training in one of five offered languages (Years 1 & 2)
- A full academic year abroad to enhance language fluency and cultural knowledge (Year 3);
- Core courses in business fundamentals;
- Specialized courses in international business and management; and
- The option to choose from three concentrations for further specialization
- Global financial management and systems
- International marketing and trade
- International strategy and human resources management
Typically, Carleton University's undergraduate degree programs are all delivered in person, on campus. However, to prioritize safety and to remain in line with public health information available at this time, Carleton has made the decision to guarantee the online delivery of all first-year courses for the fall 2020 term. Please visit their website for the latest updates.
Tuition fees (2020 - 2021)
- International Students: CAD $28,183 – $39,798
- Domestic / Canadian students: CAD $7,262 - 11,807
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Where can your Bachelor of International Business lead you? Here is just a sampling of career paths you can pursue with your degree. (Further education may be required.)
- Business analysis
- Business development
- Foreign affairs
- International finance
- International human resources
- International marketing
- International trade
- Regulatory affairs
Alex, a student in Carleton’s Bachelor of International Business, shares what it was like to study abroad in Pamplona, Spain, and why it is important for business students to develop cross-cultural skills.
About this institute
Carleton University is located in beautiful Ottawa, the capital of Canada. Carleton is committed to giving back through education while pursuing contributions to the common good. These founding values are at the heart of the university’s focus on research, community...
Why study at Carleton University
- A large percentage of Canada’s major medical, clinical and life science research centres are located in the Ottawa area, as well as a growing technology industry with over 1,900 companies.
- The majority of their programs feature work-study opportunities (known as “co-op”), that allow students to gain full-time, paid employment related to their academic program.
- Carleton is a close-knit, supportive and diverse community. This includes academic support, help with jobs and career, health and counselling, student life, athletics, and 300+ student-run clubs and societies. Students come from 140+ countries and have many opportunities to get involved in community-building activities both on and off-campus.
- Campus is a green oasis, nestled between the Rideau River, Rideau Canal and Dow’s Lake. Their self-contained campus and focus on community encourage student interaction, which can provide you with both valuable communication skills and lasting friendships.
- Qualified applicants are automatically offered entrance scholarships ranging from $4,000 to $16,000 CAD over four years, and a place in one of Carleton’s on-campus residences.
Want to know more about Bachelor of International Business? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia