Bachelor of ArtsCarleton University
Bachelor of Arts
All available course dates
Bachelor of Arts
At Carleton, you can structure your BA according to what you want to achieve. You can pursue an intensive Honours degree or a General program. You can choose a minor subject to complement your major subject and you can, in certain cases, pursue a concentration or a specialization—a set of courses directed towards a designated area of expertise. If you are interested in two fields of study, you may be able to pursue them in a combined program. In our BA programs, you are given plenty of opportunity to hone your research, writing and presentation skills—skills that are all highly valued by future employers. Many programs also offer work-study options including co-op and field placements.
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
All BA programs require English; and the BA in Biology requires English and Chemistry and Math is recommended.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
What makes Carleton’s BA program special? We offer a variety of options that makes our BA ideal for students wishing to expand both their intellectual horizons and their range of potential career paths: First-year Seminars (FYSMs) get you away from lecture halls and into small classes with fewer than 30 students; and the BA Undeclared option allows you to explore your academic options and find your own path in your first year.
Students who would like to gain French language skills can add a Minor in French or, in some BA programs, earn the notation Mention : Français by completing part of their course requirements in French and by demonstrating a knowledge of the history and culture of French Canada.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Carleton is planning for a safe and gradual return to campus in fall 2021. We are offering a flexible learning model, allowing students the option of attending sessions in the classroom, online or a hybrid of both. Please visit the Carleton University website to find out more about course delivery for September 2021.
Tuition for one full academic year (September 2021 - May 2022): CAD 29,023
About this institute
Carleton University is located in beautiful Ottawa, the capital of Canada. Carleton is committed to giving back through education while pursuing contributions to the common good. These founding values are at the heart of the university’s focus on research, community...
Why study at Carleton University
- A large percentage of Canada’s major medical, clinical and life science research centres are located in the Ottawa area, as well as a growing technology industry with over 1,900 companies.
- The majority of their programs feature work-study opportunities (known as “co-op”), that allow students to gain full-time, paid employment related to their academic program.
- Carleton is a close-knit, supportive and diverse community. This includes academic support, help with jobs and career, health and counselling, student life, athletics, and 300+ student-run clubs and societies. Students come from 140+ countries and have many opportunities to get involved in community-building activities both on and off-campus.
- Campus is a green oasis, nestled between the Rideau River, Rideau Canal and Dow’s Lake. Their self-contained campus and focus on community encourage student interaction, which can provide you with both valuable communication skills and lasting friendships.
- Qualified applicants are automatically offered entrance scholarships ranging from $4,000 to $16,000 CAD over four years, and a place in one of Carleton’s on-campus residences.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Arts? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic