Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
International Business Management MACarinthia University of Applied Sciences
International Business Management MA
Why study International Business Management at Carinthia University of Applied Sciences (CUAS)?
- International Business Management is highly practice-oriented. Problem-based learning, real-life case studies, online simulations, consulting projects for international companies, team challenges or excursions provide opportunities to learn about international business in an interactive way.
- International Business Management is an internationally recognized high quality two-year master’s program which is taught entirely in English.
- With its flexible specialization structure, International Business Management allows students to gain both, a well-grounded general business education in an international context, and the opportunity to immerse oneself in one of the three fields of specialization (International Marketing, International Human Resource Management or International Finance). A variety of courses in the other specializations can be taken in addition on an optional basis.
- The International Business Management program provides an opportunity to learn a new foreign language. As part of the curriculum, students can choose from German, Italian, Russian and Slovene language courses. Together with a curriculum that is taught entirely in English and the location in a German-speaking country, studying at CUAS is a great opportunity to upgrade your language skills.
- International Business Management is taught in a truly international environment. Students from all over the world meet with students from Austria and the South East and Central European region, thereby being given the opportunity to form international networks and to get to know firms in the region.
- Boutique-size classes, a modern infrastructure, lots of opportunities for teamwork, low drop-out rates, personal service of our administration and intensive interactions with our faculty – that’s what you can expect in an environment that is characterized by a passion for teaching and learning, high quality orientation, and a personal touch.
- The practical business knowledge, internationality, solution-oriented approach, intercultural competence and multi-lingual communication abilities of our students are highly valued by employers both in Austria as well as around the world, as the impressive careers of our alumni in many different sectors (including, for example, consulting, banking, industry, retail, media, services, public administration and research) prove.
In addition to the formal requirements for admission, applicants to the Master’s program in International Business Management should:
- Hold a business-related degree of higher education (minimum 3-year Bachelor’s program); applicants with non-business degrees in a related field (e.g. industrial engineering, economic geography, business law) need at least 15 ECTS in subjects related to business administration, 5 ECTS in economics and 10 ECTS in accounting and finance-related subjects.
- Provide recent results of an English language proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS) – minimum requirement 6.5 or equivalent (English level C1)
- Demonstrate strengths in the following areas:
- Basic knowledge about the functional areas of business administration and management;
- Applying inter-disciplinary knowledge to analyze and solve complex problems;
- A team-oriented mindset;
- Linguistic and communication skills (orally and on written form);
- Socially responsible behavior;
- Enjoyment of international and intercultural challenges.
Please note that applicants from non-EU countries or applicants living outside the European Union should apply as soon as possible to be in time for the visa procedure.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The curriculum includes seven core modules and three specialization modules (students choose one of the three specialization modules and are free to take courses from the other two modules on an optional basis):
- Core Module 1: Management & Leadership in an International Context
- Core Module 2: Managing the International Business Value Chain
- Core Module 3: Business Cases in International Management
- Core Module 4: Management Control Systems
- Core Module 5: External Factors Influencing International Business
- Core Module 6: International Business Management Research
- Core Module 7: Language
- Specialization Module A: International Human Resource Management
- Specialization Module B: International Marketing
- Specialization Module C: International Finance
Price per semester is EUR 363.36 plus Austrian Student Union Fee EUR 20.20.
Master of Arts in Business (MA)
Key learning outcomes
Graduates of International Business Management MA are able to:
- Plan, organize, and implement international business development strategies and processes
- Recognize global and country-specific economic trends and their impact on doing business in an international environment
- Analyze and optimize the value chain (from supply chain management to marketing) of internationally active companies
- Understand and develop intra- and interorganizational relationships, structures and processes
- Create an execute business plans for international ventures
- Effectively lead diverse, intercultural teams
- Communicate convincingly both orally and in written form in an intercultural context
- Speak an additional foreign language
- Understand the specifics of doing business in the Central Eastern and South Eastern European region
- Professionally contribute to a business function in their field of specialization, International Marketing, International Human Resource Management or International Finance
- Work independently and in teams to solve complex challenging managerial problems, with the help of cross-functional business competences and personal development skills that they acquire during the program
Alumni of the International Business Management master’s program have the right to be admitted to doctoral studies in social and economic sciences according to the Act of the Austrian Federal Minister for Science and Research (BGBl. II Nr. 253/2008).
Due to the holistic and comprehensive nature of the International Business Management program, it opens a range of different career opportunities. In addition to having a profound international business education, our alumni combine intercultural and communication skills, strategic and analytic thinking capabilities, an entrepreneurial approach and the ability to effectively solve complex business problems in collaboration with others – competences that are widely sought by employers in different professional fields, in multinational companies, SMEs and entrepreneurial start-ups as well as in international institutions.
Typical job profiles and responsibilities of International Business Management graduates include, for example:
- Planning and implementing international projects
- International marketing and brand management
- Export management
- Consulting and business development
- International supply chain management & strategic procurement
- Human resource management in an international context
- Financial management & international controlling
- Management trainee & top management assistance
- Key account management in an international environment
- Product management
- Entrepreneur in an international new venture
About this institute
Carinthia University of Applied Sciences
The Carinthia University of Applied Sciences is an internationally oriented university that cooperates with more than 160 institutions of higher education worldwide. Open-minded and without borders, the CUAS is located in Austria at the intersection of three cultures in the...
Want to know more about International Business Management MA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Surrey (England), England