Health Care IT MSc
The Master degree study program Health Care IT enables graduates to successfully face the challenges in the healthcare sector. Equipped with technical and medical knowledge they are sought-after by a wide variety of potential employers in the health care industry. The program also prepares them for upcoming social issues like Active and Assisted Living (AAL) and Instrumental Activities of daily Living (iADL), which become more and more important as we are moving towards an aging society.
Students benefit from practical trainings in dedicated laboratories and work there in small groups. Two areas of specialization allow them to further deepen their interests: Medical Engineering and Image Processing or Health Informatics can be chosen over the course of the degree program. Thanks to strong cooperation with the Health Care sector, the program is able to invite professionals and experts as guest lecturers.
The students of the School of Engineering & IT should demonstrate strengths in the following areas:
- Technical understanding,
- Reasoning power,
- Good English, mathematics and computer skills,
- Enjoyment of innovative developments.
Please note that applicants from non-EU countries or applicants living outside the European Union should apply as soon as possible to be in time for the visa procedure.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Ambient Assisted Living 1
- Advanced Programming Techniques in Health Care 1
- Embedded Medical Systems 1
- Management of Health Care Institutions
- Visualization in Medicine
- Clinical Engineering
- Mathematics for Medical Engineering
- Ambient Assisted Living 2
- Advanced Programming Techniques in Health Care 2
- Embedded Medical Systems 2
- Medical Statistics
- Biophysiology and Neurosciences
- Selected Topics in Medical Informatics
- Implementation Concepts for Health Systems
Medical Engineering and Image Processing
- Medical Engineering
- Advanced Medical Image Processing
- Academic Writing for Graduate Students
- 3D Reconstruction
- Robotics and Prosthetics in Medicine
- Medical Application
- Studies in Biomedical Engineering
- Development of Mobile Applications
- Selected Topics in IT Security
Medical Engineering and Image Processing
- Advanced Medical Devices
- Selected Topics in Medical Image Processing
- Master Thesis Seminar HCIT
- Master Thesis HCIT
Price per semester is EUR 363.36 plus Austrian Student Union Fee EUR 20.20.
Master of Science in Engineering (MSc)
Key learning outcomes
Graduates of Health Care IT MSc are able to:
- Comprehend, analyze and remodel processes in medicine, nursing and Management,
- Develop and implement QM systems in healthcare,
- retrieve their detailed knowledge of the conception, design and functionality of healthcare information systems in order to design such Systems,
- Describe the interaction of economics success, technology , processes and quality in healthcare,
- Plan and use indicators for the implementation of corporate guidelines in the areas of procurement, planning an d development,
- Present functioning, theoretical principles and technical implementation of medical devices,
- List application possibilities of mobile systems in healthcare and analyze, conceptualize and design applications of such Systems,
- Design, implement and evaluate medical studies in cooperation with medic.
The successful completion of the master program in turn qualifies the graduate to undertake a doctorate according to § 6 FHStG (4) FHStG stands for Fachhochschul Studies Act).
Depending on the previous education (Bachelor of Medical Information Technology or a different IT Bachelor program) of our graduates, the career fields and qualification profile of a Health Care IT graduate will naturally vary. Characteristically for this Master degree, the following qualifications, skills and knowledge fall in the following areas:
- Informatics and medical informatics
- Medical engineering
- Healthcare telematics
- Healthcare economics
- Hospital Management
- Process analysis & optimization in Health Care
- Project management, change management
- Business management methodology
- Medical specialized vocabulary
- Understanding of medical decision-making (diagnosis, therapies), clinical pathways
- Understanding of care processes and care standards
- Knowledge of generic hospital processes and information requirements of medicine, care and administration.
- Quality management
- Data analysis and evaluation
- Statistics (SAS, etc.)
- Basic understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
- Clinical trials and studies
- Understanding of the requirements in the areas of scientific research and logistics
- Development of an IT strategy and comprehension of the specific demands in hospitals (scaleability, high accessibility, integration, etc.)
- IT architechture
- Interface standards (HL7, DICOM. IHE, CEN, etc.)
- Medical engineering and medical devices
- Management skills for IT supervisors
- Knowledge of professional it processes (ITIL or ITPM – such as planning, operation, SLAs, etc.)
About this institute
Carinthia University of Applied Sciences
The Carinthia University of Applied Sciences is an internationally oriented university that cooperates with more than 160 institutions of higher education worldwide. Open-minded and without borders, the CUAS is located in Austria at the intersection of three cultures in the...
Want to know more about Health Care IT MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Gran Canaria, Spain