Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Communication Engineering MScCarinthia University of Applied Sciences
Communication Engineering MSc
Communication Engineering is a two-year Master of Science degree program dedicated to prepare students for the challenges of Digital Transformation. It covers all major areas of modern digital communication in order to enable graduates to find new and ground-breaking applications changing the way we get and stay in touch. Deep technical understanding and knowledge are key in achieving this – the program has been designed to convey a wide variety of modern technical areas including 5G or RFID.
Graduates of the program get to choose between careers in private sector businesses as well as research institutions. They are sought-after experts in fields like Advanced Programming, Applied Algorithms in Network Engineering, Communication Networks and Mobile Networks. As Communication Engineers they are working at the core of an integral part of our information society – and at the core our everyday lives.
The students of the School of Engineering & IT should demonstrate strengths in the following areas:
- Technical understanding,
- Reasoning power,
- Good English, mathematics and computer skills,
- Enjoyment of innovative developments.
- The Bachelor Degree Programs of the CUAS School of Engineering & IT can generally be sought without subject-specific educational background. Lots of interest, commitment and of course the possession of a general university entrance qualification are sufficient.
Please note that applicants from non-EU countries or applicants living outside the European Union should apply as soon as possible to be in time for the visa procedure.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Digital Signal Processing
- Optical Networks
- Radio Frequency Communication
- Distributed Systems
- Embedded Web Applications
- Advanced Mathematics
- Cross-cultural Communication
- IT Legal Aspects
- Digital Communication
- Network Modelling
- IT Network Planning
- Next Generation Access
- Mobile Computing
- Project 1
- Scientific Communication
- Business Strategies and Processes
- Compression Technologies and Multimedia Data Formats
- Network Security
- Radio Frequency Identification
- Mobile Network Planning
- Project 2
- Academic Writing
- Master Thesis
- Master Thesis – Seminar
Price per semester is EUR 363.36 plus Austrian Student Union Fee EUR 20.20.
Master of Science in Engineering (MSc)
Key learning outcomes
Graduates of Communication Engineering MSc are able to:
- Apply various software in complex and technical networks (applications, operating systems, distributed systems, UML - Unified Modelling Language, object-oriented software development (C++ and Java), configuration management systems),
- Make use of modern hardware of transmission media for the planning, construction and operation of transmission paths of complex networks (wireless, optical and steer-by-wire transmission technology),
- Use algorithms purposefully so as to provide solutions to technical and communication tasks (traffic theory, graph theory, network planning algorithms, expert systems, procedure of compression, digital signal processing, modulation scheme, traffic analysis, source coding, channel coding, procedures of synchronization, protocols, design patterns and cryptography),
- Integrate successfully in teams as well as supervise teams during a project,
- Work scientifically meaning to systematically present results of independent research.
The successful completion of the master program Communication Engineering in turn qualifies the graduate to undertake a doctorate according to FHStG [Fachhochschul Studies Act] §6(4).
The world of communication technology offers a variety of activity fields in regional middle-sized companies to large multi-national corporations. The Master of Science, an internationally recognized academic degree, offers you a good basis to enter into this world. Above and beyond this, a master’s degree offers you the option to study further in PhD programs or to pursue a career in research.
Our graduates are active in the following areas:
- Communications and Internet service providers
- Hardware and software development
- Aviation & automotive engineering
- IT consulting and service providers
- Entertainment branch / broadcasting
- Energy and traffic management
About this institute
Carinthia University of Applied Sciences
The Carinthia University of Applied Sciences is an internationally oriented university that cooperates with more than 160 institutions of higher education worldwide. Open-minded and without borders, the CUAS is located in Austria at the intersection of three cultures in the...
Want to know more about Communication Engineering MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...