About this program
Welsh and Italian
Many students find studying a joint honours stimulating and rewarding as they are able to observe both similarities and differences between the two subjects. By combining Welsh and Italian, you will gain a wealth of transferable skills and knowledge beneficial to the world of employment, making you competitive and attractive in an increasingly global workforce and opening the doors to a variety of career paths.
Typical A level offer
BBB-BBC. Must include grade B in Welsh First Language.
Extended/International Project Qualification: Applicants with grade A in the EPQ/IPQ will typically receive an offer one grade lower than the standard A level offer. Please note that any subject specific requirements must still be met.
English Language Requirements
GCSE: Grade C or grade 4 in GCSE English Language.
IELTS (academic): At least 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each subskill.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Introduction to Italian Studies in a Transnational Context
- Yr Iaith ar Waith
- Whose 'culture' is it anyway? Identity, Power and Memory in C20th Italy
- Sandwich year
- High-Level Proficiency in Italian Language
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
- Tuition fees for UK and Ireland Students: £9,000 per year.
- Tuition fees for International Students: £18,700 per year.
For more information about tuition fee, please visit the university website.
What skills will I practise and develop?
As a result of engaging fully with this course, you will acquire and develop a range of valuable skills, both those which are discipline specific and more generic 'employability skills'. These will allow you to:
- Grasp complex issues with confidence
- Ask the right questions of complex texts
- Have an imaginative appreciation of different views and options and analyse these critically
- Identify and apply relevant data
- Develop practical research skills
- Propose imaginative solutions of your own that are rooted in evidence
- Communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively in writing and speech
- Work to deadlines and priorities, managing a range of tasks at the same time
- Learn from constructive criticism and incorporate its insights
- Work as a part of a team, developing a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Use IT programmes and digital media, where appropriate
- Take responsibility for your own learning programme and professional development
School of Welsh
The demand for Welsh speakers means that a degree in Welsh can be highly valuable for jobs and roles that require bilingual speakers. Many of our graduates are now following careers in areas such as law, politics, media, performing arts, administration and education, or engaged in postgraduate study.
In 2016/17, 91% of the School;s graduates who were available for work reported they were in employment and/or further study within six months of graduation.
School of Modern Languages
In 2015/16, 94% of the School;s graduates who were available for work reported they were in employment and/or further study within six months of graduation.
Many graduates enjoy their year overseas so much that they take time out for more travel, or go abroad on graduation in the hope of finding a job. Of those who choose to remain in the UK, many start work immediately following their studies.
Employment options include roles as translators, language assistants, export assistants and proof readers, working with their languages in organisations such as Bearmach Ltd, the British Council, Global Response and Inter Global.
Message the school
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Welsh and Italian? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!