Physiotherapy (Taught)Cardiff University
All available course dates
Join us and study at a School that is ranked in the top 3 in the UK for Physiotherapy (BSc) by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.
Our postgraduate program is designed for qualified physiotherapists, across the UK and internationally at any stage of their career (including newly qualified physiotherapists).
It gives you the chance to take your learning to the next level, enhancing your skills and knowledge in order to challenge and critically evaluate your own professional practice and inform physiotherapy healthcare in your country. The program will help inform the way you practice, supporting the knowledge and skills required for change management, and service improvement to improve patient care. We strive to make sure you are ready for the next step in your career.
You will learn in a supportive environment with an opportunity to tailor your optional module choices in a way that best fits your needs. Our modules cover a range of speciality areas including, musculoskeletal, neuro-rehabilitation and cardiovascular respiratory. We also cover research methods to support your learning at masters level. The program aims to develop your critical thinking to support you to become an expert in your practice and enhance your employability in your future career.
Your learning will be supported by experienced researchers and academics who are experts in their field. You will be designated a personal tutor who will support you throughout your studies. You may also be involved in group personal tutoring which will help you develop mentoring skills with your peers. In addition, you will be learning alongside a globally diverse group who are studying at various points in their career, sharing knowledge and gaining understanding of physiotherapy practice across the world.
Your learning environments include our bespoke physiotherapy laboratory and simulation suites. Our School benefits from a range of equipment, such as an anti-gravity treadmill and a motion capture centre, along with other equipment used to analyse human movement.
The modules shown are an example of the typical curriculum and will be reviewed prior to the academic year. The final modules will be published by September.
A degree in Physiotherapy (UK diploma or equivalent in Physiotherapy). Only qualified physiotherapists are eligible to apply.
Clinical experience is not a requirement for entry to the program. However the optional module HCT023 requires 2 years clinical experience as a pre requisite to entry.
Applications are considered on a ‘personal statement’ where a judgement is made on your suitability for the program.
You must address the following points in your personal statement, this list is not exhaustive:
- Why have you selected this program?
- What interests you about this program?
- Any relevant experience related to the program or module content.
- How you plan to use the qualification in your career.
- How you and your profession will benefit from your studies.
- Why you feel you should be given a place on the program.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- UK and EU students: £7,700
- Students from outside the EU: £21,950
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
What skills will I practise and develop?
The Learning Outcomes for this Program can be found below:
Knowledge & Understanding:
- Demonstrate enhanced clinical knowledge and skills and apply these critically to your physiotherapy practice, to develop a holistic approach to managing complexity and improving service user outcomes.
- Develop a practical understanding through evaluation of established techniques of research and enquiry, to interpret knowledge and support implementation of research findings into physiotherapy practice.
- Evaluate the position of physiotherapy in healthcare practice and critically appraise advances or changes in professional practice.
- Initiate change and lead in the management of change and the advancement of the physiotherapy profession.
- Critical analysis of research.
- Reflection and critical analysis of the physiotherapy profession and of your own practice.
Professional Practical Skills:
- The application of physiotherapy theory to clinical practice is covered throughout the taught content and assessment process.
Transferable/ key skills
- Communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively in writing and speech.
- Work to deadlines and priorities, managing a range of tasks concurrently.
- Gain research skills and their application to practice.
Postgraduate level study is essential if you want to progress to advanced and specialist practice. An MSc will enable you to gain the skills to enhance your autonomy within your profession, to further your career and take advantage of a greater range of opportunities.
Our modules are designed to complement progression in clinical practice, but also to facilitate a move into academia or research.
Our graduates have gained roles including:
- Clinical specialist
- Consultant physiotherapist
- Physiotherapy management positions
- Academia/Lecturer positions
- Research Associate
- PhD study
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Physiotherapy (Taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...