Occupational Therapy (Taught)Cardiff University
Occupational Therapy (Taught)
All available course dates
Occupational Therapy (Taught)
Join a School ranked 1st in the UK for Occupational Therapy (BSc) by the Complete University Guide 2019. Our MSc in Occupational Therapy is one of the few programs in the UK available for qualified professionals, offering you the next step in your career.
Our program has close links with the College of Occupational Therapists which means that your learning is both current and relevant. It provides a sound grounding in the theory and occupation-focused practice whilst also building on your critical thinking and problem-solving skills. You will develop the knowledge required to approach your practice innovatively, apply research and evidence to shape current and future practice in your home country and beyond.
This is a flexible course that allows you to tailor your own professional development to suit your needs, through a range of occupational therapy and interprofessional modules such as developing your skills in patient safety or transforming care systems and services through leadership. You will also cover core areas such as Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy Theory and Application.
Your learning will be supported by experienced researchers and academics who are experts in their field. You will be designated a personal tutor who will support you throughout your studies.
In addition, you will be learning alongside a globally diverse group who are studying at various points in their career, sharing knowledge and gaining understanding of Occupational Therapy practice across the world.
Be part of something life-changing and take on a new challenge today.
The modules shown are an example of the typical curriculum and will be reviewed prior to the academic year. The final modules will be published by September.
Chat live with students from Cardiff University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Cardiff University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
The program is for qualified occupational therapists.
To be admitted to the course, students must be in possession of either:
A BSc honours degree in Occupational Therapy (with or without post registration clinical experience) awarded a 2.2 or higher (or equivalent).
A Diploma in Occupational Therapy, plus two years' practice experience.
Applications are judged on a ‘personal statement’ where a judgement is made on your suitability for the program.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
- UK and EU students: £7,700
- Students from outside the EU: £21,950
What skills will I practise and develop?
The Learning Outcomes for this Program can be found below:
Knowledge & Understanding:
- Develop an analytical and problem-solving approach and show advanced skills in implementing the occupational therapy process.
- Develop an in depth understanding of occupational therapy theory, the evidence behind it, and its application in practice.
- Confidence in initiating change and advancing the occupational therapy profession through scholarship and leadership.
- Evaluate practice and critically appraise advances or changes in professional practice.
- Ability to reflect on own practice and therapeutic use of self.
- Ability to engage in critical analysis, advanced scholarship, and research.
Professional Practical Skills:
- Develop standards of practice based on reflective thinking and problem-solving.
- Confidently link theory to practice.
- Critical appraisal skills and ability to manage a research-based project.
- Ability to initiate change and advance the profession through research and critical thinking.
- Ability to communicate clear and concisely in both speech and writing, presenting well-considered arguments.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload.
Postgraduate taught study is an ideal stepping stone to undertaking further study or research.
The MSc Occupational Therapy offers an opportunity to develop your evaluative, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and to increase your practical and theoretical knowledge of occupational therapy, so that you can apply these skills in the further advancement of your profession.
A professional postgraduate qualification can lead to opportunities to develop your career in a number of directions, from advanced practice in your clinical area, into management or leadership roles, or to positions in education.
Our graduates have gained roles including:
- Occupational therapy positions
- Occupational therapy management positions
- Educational positions such as lecturer
- Research Associate
- PhD studentship
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Occupational Therapy (Taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Bangor, United States of America