Law (Research)Cardiff University
All available course dates
About this program
The School of Law and Politics has a thriving postgraduate research culture. We are keen to attract and engage with the next generation of legal scholars and to encourage innovative research in a wide range of fields.
We are keen to attract the next generation of legal scholars and to encourage innovative research across a range of varied areas of Law including commercial, discrimination, medical, family and civil justice.
The School of Law and Politics offers opportunities for both full and part-time study leading to the degrees of MPhil and PhD.
- Each full-time research student is allocated office space in the School’s own Graduate Centre.
- Research students are entitled to financial support for travel or research related to their approved subject (e.g. attending a conference or visiting a specialist library) for every year of their supervision.
- Students may be offered the opportunity to undertake part-time teaching on the undergraduate programs.
- The School encourages individual diversity and promotes innovation in research.
The modules shown are an example of the typical curriculum and will be reviewed prior to the 2020/21 academic year. The final modules will be published by September.
Applicants should have a good Honours degree in Law (2:1 or equivalent) or overseas equivalent in a relevant subject.
We will consider all individual applicants on their specific merits. If you do not have the standard qualifications for the course, you may still apply. Your application will be considered if you have the following;
- Masters’ degree in Law (or equivalent) with an average mark of at least 65%.
- Applicants with appropriate professional experience.
Interviews (via Skype/Phone or in person) may be conducted to identify and assess the academic merit of prospective students.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
We can offer supervision in a wide range of legal subjects including:
- Islamic Law
- Civil Justice
- Commercial Law
- Company Law
- Comparative Law
- Contract Law
- Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Criminal Law and Justice
- Discrimination Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental and Energy Law
- European Law and Governance
- Family Law
- Feminist Legal Theory
- Gender and the Law
- Governance and Devolution
- Human Rights Law
- International Commercial Law
- International Criminal Law
- Intellectual Property
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Refugee Law and Asylum
- Judicial Studies and Legal Decision-Making
- Land Policy and Land Reform
- Law and Development
- Law and Literature
- Legal and Social Theory
- Legal Expertise
- Medical Law and
- Mental Health Law
- New Technologies and Risk Regulation
- Private International Law
- Property Law
- Public International Law
- Public Law, Theory and Policy
- Religious Law
- Social Care Law
- Sports Law
- Tort Law
- Transnational Dispute Resolution
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
For more information about tuition fee, please visit the university website.
Message the school
About this institute
Cardiff University is among the top 25 universities in the UK and is ranked 154th in the world. Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK....
Want to know more about Law (Research)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!