Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Integrated Engineering With Year in Europe (France) (MEng)Cardiff University
Integrated Engineering With Year in Europe (France) (MEng)
The complexity and sophistication of modern engineering requires a multidisciplinary approach. Industry is therefore seeking engineers with broad knowledge and skilled in more than one of the traditional engineering disciplines.
The Integrated Engineering degree embraces many aspects of electrical, electronic, mechanical and manufacturing engineering. By completing this course you will qualify as an engineer of the highest quality: your broad knowledge of various aspects of engineering will ensure you can interact with engineers from all the traditional engineering disciplines in any multidisciplinary environment.
You will also become familiar with the role of engineering within the business environment, as particular attention is paid to economics, management and law.
Choosing the MEng degree offers you a quicker, more direct route to Chartered Engineer status than the shorter BEng. It allows you to use years three and five to expand and strengthen your knowledge. You will benefit from advanced learning in design and management and an appreciation of the techniques needed to manage and organise a multidisciplinary engineering design project.
An added advantage of this MEng Integrated Engineering course with a year in France is that you study the French language as part of the first three years and spend year four studying engineering at a partner university abroad before returning to Cardiff for the fifth year.
Other Cardiff University Integrated Engineering courses include:
- A thorough grounding in the fundamentals of engineering if you choose a BEng course
- The opportunity to follow a sandwich year in industry if you choose the relevant four-year BEng or five-year MEng degree option
- The opportunity to study abroad at a partner institution for one semester if you choose the relevant MEng (International) degree option
The distinctive features of the course include:
- Fast-track route to Chartered Engineer status
- The course is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, the Institution of Engineering and Technology and the Energy Institute
- The integrated course, which draws on modules taught across the School, benefits from the ‘Excellent’ teaching rating achieved by the School
- The facilities that come with a successful research unit
- The opportunity to learn from leaders in their fields, through direct access to academic staff, many of whom are Chartered Engineers or have worked in industry
- An open and engaging culture between students and staff
- Some external scholarships may be available from the UK Power Academy and UK Electronic Skills Foundation UKESF (Cardiff is a member of both schemes)
- The opportunity to improve your French language skills
- A year spent studying at a French university
The modules shown are an example of the typical curriculum and will be reviewed prior to the 2020/21 academic year. The final modules will be published by September.
Typical A level offer
AAA - AAB including Mathematics. If you are studying a science A level, a pass in the practical element (where applicable) will be required. Please note, General Studies and Critical Thinking will not be accepted.
Extended Project Qualification: Applicants with grade A in the EPQ will typically receive an offer one grade lower than the standard A level offer. Please note that any subject specific requirements must still be met.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- French for Year in Europe
- Network Analysis
- Professional Engineering
- Analogue Communications Systems
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering 1
- Power Engineering and Electrical Materials
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Engineering Computing
- Control Engineering
- Microcontroller Applications and Embedded Design
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Materials and Manufacture
- Programming and Microcontroller Applications
- Machine and Power Electronics
- Integrated Product Design
- Biomechanics 1
- Power Systems Analysis
- Commercialising Innovation
- Solid Mechanics
- Robotics and Image Processing
- Object Oriented Engineering Computing
- Embedded Systems
- Biomechanics 2
- Fluid Power and Control
- Power Systems A
- Electrical Machines and Drives A
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Grid Integration of Renewables
- Product Design
- Engineering Project Management
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Automatic Control
- Power Electronics
- Individual Project
- Year in Europe
- Group Project
- Advanced Robotics
- Automotive Design
- Integrated Building Design
- Renewable Energy Design
- Mechatronics Design
- Electric Vehicle Design
- Cond Monitoring, Modelling and Forecasting
- Risk and Hazard Assessment
- Fundamentals of Nanomechanics
- Alternative Energy Systems
- Distributed Generation, System Design and Regulation
- Power System Protection
- Magnetic Devices: Transducers, Sensors and Actuators
- Artificial Intelligence
- High Frequency Device Physics and Design
Tuition Fees for UK and EU students is £9,000
Tuition Fees for students from outside the EU is £21,950
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
What skills will I practise and develop?
This course is accredited via the Engineering Council, meaning the core competencies of UK-SPEC (UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence) are integrated throughout the taught years of the course.
Through lab work you will develop practical skills focused on the application of a range of engineering principles to real-life technological, regulatory and ethical problems encountered in the engineering profession.
You will develop your French language skills and gain an understanding of the academic culture of Higher Education and professional practice in France.
You will also:
- Enhance your communication skills, both orally and in writing through a series of reports and assignments
- Develop your knowledge, skills and confidence to solve multidisciplinary problems in a engineering context
- Enhance your team-working skills, ability to exercise original thought and good professional judgement
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Integrated Engineering With Year in Europe (France) (MEng)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Cedar City, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America