Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Integrated Engineering (International) (MEng)
The complexity and sophistication of modern engineering requires a multidisciplinary approach. Industry is therefore seeking engineers with broad knowledge and skilled in more than one of the traditional engineering disciplines.
The Integrated Engineering degree embraces many aspects of electrical, electronic, mechanical and manufacturing engineering. By completing this course you will qualify as an engineer of the highest quality: your broad knowledge of various aspects of engineering will ensure you can interact with engineers from all the traditional engineering disciplines in any multidisciplinary environment.
You will also become familiar with the role of engineering within the business environment, as particular attention is paid to economics, management and law.
Choosing the four-year MEng degree offers you a quicker, more direct route to Chartered Engineer status than the three-year BEng. The final two years of the course look to expand and strengthen your knowledge. You will benefit from advanced learning in design and management and an appreciation of the techniques needed to manage and organise a multidisciplinary engineering design project.
An added advantage of this MEng Integrated Engineering (International) course is that one semester is spent studying engineering through the medium of English in a partner university overseas. There are currently more than 65 destination universities on four continents.
Other Cardiff University Integrated Engineering courses available may include:
- A thorough grounding in the fundamentals of engineering if you choose a BEng course
- The opportunity to follow a sandwich year in industry if you choose the relevant four-year BEng or five-year MEng degree option
- The opportunity to study a language if you choose the relevant MEng degree option with a sandwich year at a university in France, Germany or Spain
The distinctive features of the course include:
- The ‘Excellent’ teaching rating achieved by the School
- The facilities that come with a successful research unit
- The opportunity to learn from leaders in their fields, through direct access to academic staff, many of whom are Chartered Engineers or have worked in industry
- An open and engaging culture between students and staff
- Some external scholarships may be available from the UK Power Academy and UK Electronic Skills Foundation UKESF (Cardiff is a member of both schemes)
- One semester is spent studying abroad
The modules shown are an example of the typical curriculum and will be reviewed prior to the 2020/21 academic year. The final modules will be published by September.
Typical A level offer
AAA - AAB including Mathematics. If you are studying a science A level, a pass in the practical element (where applicable) will be required. Please note, General Studies will not be accepted.
Extended Project Qualification: Applicants with grade A in the EPQ will typically receive an offer one grade lower than the standard A level offer. Please note that any subject specific requirements must still be met.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Network Analysis
- Professional Engineering
- Analogue Communications Systems
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering 1
- Power Engineering and Electrical Materials
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Engineering Computing
- Control Engineering
- Microcontroller Applications and Embedded Design
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Materials and Manufacture
- Programming and Microcontroller Applications
- Machine and Power Electronics
- Power Systems Analysis
- Integrated Product Design
- Engineering Project Management
- International Experience
- Individual Project
- Commercialising Innovation
- Solid Mechanics
- Object Oriented Engineering Computing
- Fluid Power and Control
- Electrical Machines and Drives A
- Grid Integration of Renewables
- Product Design
- Group Project
- Advanced Robotics
- Automotive Design
- Integrated Building Design
- Renewable Energy Design
- Mechatronics Design
- Electric Vehicle Design
- Cond Monitoring, Modelling and Forecasting
- Risk and Hazard Assessment
- Fundamentals of Nanomechanics
- Alternative Energy Systems
- Distributed Generation, System Design and Regulation
- Power System Protection
- Magnetic Devices: Transducers, Sensors and Actuators
- Artificial Intelligence
- High Frequency Device Physics and Design
Tuition Fees for UK and EU students is £9,000
Tuition Fees for students from outside the EU is £21,950
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
What skills will I practise and develop?
As a newly introduced program, this course is currently undergoing accreditation via the Engineering Council, as it is a new course. The core competencies required for UK-SPEC (UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence) are integrated throughout the taught years of the course.
Through lab work you will develop practical skills focused on the application of a range of engineering principles to real-life technological, regulatory and ethical problems encountered in the engineering profession.
You will also:
- Enhance your communication skills, both orally and in writing through a series of reports and assignments
- Develop your knowledge, skills and confidence to solve multidisciplinary problems in a engineering context
- Enhance your team-working skills, ability to exercise original thought and good professional judgement
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Integrated Engineering (International) (MEng)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Cedar City, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America