Engineering (Research)Cardiff University
All available course dates
About this program
We are internationally renowned for our research and are a friendly supportive School with a diverse range of students from across the world. We pride ourselves on our multidisciplinary approach to research and organise our research into three main themes:
- Energy and Environment
- Health, Technology and the Digital World
- Mechanics, Materials and Advanced Manufacturing.
We offer a 3 year PhD programme, a 4 year integrated PhD programme, an EngD programme, and a 1 year MPhil degree programme.
- Develop research skills through a programme of in-depth study.
- Develop expertise in appropriate methods of research and enquiry.
- Produce high quality research outputs which demonstrate critical judgement.
- Produce a thesis (PhD thesis approx. 80,000 words).
English language requirements
IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with 5.5 in all subskills, or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The general structure of the standard three year PhD programme is as follows:
- Year One: Research methods training and literature review.
- Year Two: Experimental work/Data collection/fieldwork.
- Year Three: Data analysis and writing-up.
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
For more information about tuition fee, please visit the university website.
Suitable for graduates in engineering and related subject areas such as physics, mathematics, earth sciences and computer science.
Message the school
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Engineering (Research)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!