Clinical Pharmacy (Taught)
The MSc Clinical Pharmacy is a part-time distance learning course for pharmacists, run at 22 hospital sites in Wales and England. It integrates a traditional academic course with the student’s everyday role, with the aim of developing vital skills and knowledge to apply to their work.
The course offers an exceptionally wide variety of experiential learning, with a new area every three months for the first two years of the course. This allows you to gain a broad experience of pharmacy, under the guidance of a local practitioner, trained by the University to be your tutor.
The course has been developed by practitioners, and operating at 22 hospitals in four centres – three in Wales, one in England – provides the opportunity to compare practices in these regions and learn from each other.
The course offers knowledge and expertise required by a clinical pharmacist to input optimally into patient care.
Applicants must be a registered pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council of Great Britain or a country where there is a reciprocal agreement AND must be employed as a pharmacist in an accredited hospital.
In addition, applicants whose first language is not English must obtain an overall IELTS score of 6.5, with 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in all other components, or an equivalent English language qualification.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Therapeutics 2
- Clinical Governance in Practice: Audit
- Optional Clerkship: Aseptic Services
- Therapeutics 1
- Clerkship 1
- Clerkship 2
- Critical Care
- Medicines Information
- Clinic Clerkship
- Research Methods in Pharmacy Practice
- Primary Care
- Risk Management
- Education, Training and Development
- Research Project
The full tuition fees for UK and EU Students is £3,240.The tuition fees for Students from outside the EU is £7,315
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
What skills will I practise and develop?
After fully engaging in this course, you should be able to:
- Comprehensively understand and develop a critical awareness of your role as a pharmacist, and that of the pharmacy profession, in a changing healthcare system.
- Utilise the knowledge gained and demonstrate the skills required to contribute to the identification, evaluation, prevention or solution of medicine therapy problems in practice.
- Systematically integrate and apply pharmaceutical, biomedical and clinical knowledge in patient care.
- Produce and use pharmaceutical care plans for patients.
- Develop information and interpersonal skills to aid a pharmacist to contribute optimally to patient care.
- Identify and critically evaluate current research.
- Utilise critical appraisal skills, evidence-based medicine and evidence-based practice to make judgements in pharmacy practice.
- Develop, plan, execute and communicate the results of an original audit project.
- Systematically undertake and submit a substantial original research project in pharmacy practice.
- Further develop IT skills in preparing documents, delivering presentations, searching databases and resources and analysing data.
- Effectively communicate to different audiences by oral and written means.
- Work effectively as a member of a team and individually.
- Manage resources and time effectively.
- Recognise the importance of continuing professional development and the need to become a reflective practitioner, through engaging in the process of personal development planning.
The course offers knowledge and expertise required by a clinical pharmacist to input optimally into patient care. It integrates a traditional academic course with your everyday role, with the aim of developing vital skills and knowledge to apply to your work.
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Clinical Pharmacy (Taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...