Our research is grouped into five distinct cognate themes: biological chemistry, catalysis and interfacial science, materials and energy, molecular synthesis and spectroscopy and dynamics.
The research carried out within the School of Chemistry is diverse and encompasses both fundamental and applied themes. Available research topics closely mirror the particular research interests of individual staff members, which fall broadly into biological and organic, inorganic, physical, and theoretical and computational chemistries.
- The School has undergone an extensive revitalisation in the last few years and occupies newly refurbished laboratories with excellent facilities for research and teaching
- Chemistry continues to attract an expanding team of researchers, as well as maintaining an extensive network of industrial contacts
- Strong interdisciplinary collaborations support projects across traditional subject divisions; postgraduates interact across these groups
- New facilities for synthetic and catalytic chemistry, including an advanced pressure reaction suite for catalyst development and investigation and the opening of the laboratories of the new EPSRC-funded Physical Organic Chemistry Centre
- Extensive collaborations internationally; a number of research programmes allow placements abroad, including in Europe and America.
Applicants are required to have a BSc 2.2 or above, or equivalent, in Chemistry or in a related subject.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
Please visit the website for information about tuition fees
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Chemistry (Research)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Doctorate / PhD
Doctorate / PhD