About this program
Business Economics with a Professional Placement Year
The programme will equip you with a thorough grounding in the theory, concepts, principles and techniques of the core subject areas of the discipline: macroeconomics, microeconomics and quantitative analysis. It aims to provide you with knowledge of the workings of the UK economy and the ability to use that knowledge in a range of contexts.
We will introduce you to the breadth and depth of economic analysis and offer you the opportunity to acquire knowledge and technique across a number of specialised areas. These include industrial economics, economic history, labour economics and international economics.
Economics is a numerate and increasingly mathematical subject and, consistent with other universities, some modules will have a quantitative element while others will be of a highly mathematical nature.
Will also provide students with the necessary business management skills and knowledge, both theoretical and practical, through the professional placement year, to take on responsible positions early in a variety of careers in various sectors of industry and commerce, and in various functional areas within organisations.
Typical A level offer
Extended/International Project Qualification: Applicants with grade A in the EPQ/IPQ will typically receive an offer one grade lower than the standard A level offer. Please note that any subject specific requirements must still be met.
English language requirements
Grade C or grade 4 in GCSE English Language.
At least 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each subskill.
At least 90 overall with minimum scores of 17 for writing, 17 for listening, 18 for reading and 20 for speaking.
At least 62 overall with a minimum of 59 in all communicative skills.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The modules shown are an example of the typical curriculum and will be reviewed prior to the 2022/23 academic year. The final modules will be published by September 2022.
- Applied Stats and Maths in Econ and Business
- Economic History
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Microeconomic Theory
- Managerial Economics
- Introductory Econometrics
Year Three: Sandwich Year
- Professional Placement
- Business Applications
- Modern Business Enterprise
- Applied Macroeconomics and Finance
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
- Tuition fees for UK and Ireland Students: £9,000 per year.
- Tuition fees for International Students: £19,700 per year.
For more information about tuition fee, please visit the university website.
What skills will I practise and develop?
As a result of engaging fully with this course, you will acquire and develop a range of valuable skills, both those which are discipline specific and more generic ‘employability skills’. These will allow you to:
- Grasp complex issues with confidence
- Ask the right questions of complex texts
- Have an imaginative appreciation of different views and options and analyse these critically
- Identify and apply relevant data
- Develop practical research skills
- Propose imaginative solutions of your own that are rooted in evidence
- Communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively in writing and speech
- Sourcing, interpreting and presenting relevant numerical information – to support the composition of projects reports and business cases
- Work to deadlines and priorities, managing a range of tasks at the same time
- Work as part of a team, developing a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Use IT programmes and standard software packages, where appropriate
- Take responsibility for your own learning programme and professional development.
Our business degrees give students a broad range of skills which are valued by a range of employers in the private and public sectors. In 2015/16, 92% of the School’s graduates who were available for work reported they were in employment and/or further study within six months of graduating.
In addition to the central University Careers Service, our students benefit from a dedicated on-site Careers and Placements service to help them find internships, job opportunities and to access business-industry specific advice, training and guidance.
Message the school
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Business Economics with a Professional Placement Year? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!