Banking and Finance with a European Language (Spanish)
The Banking and Finance degree is of particular interest to those wishing to enter the financial sector. It will provide you with the opportunity to acquire specialist economic knowledge of the operation of the monetary and financial sectors.
In addition to providing you with training relevant to the practice of banking and other financial careers, it also provides exemptions from certain examinations of the Chartered Institute of Bankers.
Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world. Spoken by more than 400 million people across some 20 countries worldwide, it is one of the most useful languages in the world for business and leisure alike. It opens doors to a vibrant and diverse range of cultural experiences.
For the Spanish component of the course, you will be taught by staff who are actively involved in research in a wide range of topics relating to Spain and Latin America.
Typical A level offer
AAB-ABB. Must include Spanish.
Extended/International Project Qualification: Applicants with grade A in the EPQ/IPQ will typically receive an offer one grade lower than the standard A level offer. Please note that any subject specific requirements must still be met.
English language requirements
Grade C or grade 4 in GCSE English Language.
At least 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each subskill.
At least 90 overall with minimum scores of 17 for writing, 17 for listening, 18 for reading and 20 for speaking.
At least 62 overall with a minimum of 59 in all communicative skills.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The modules shown are an example of the typical curriculum and will be reviewed prior to the 2022/23 academic year. The final modules will be published by September 2022.
- Applied Stats and Maths in Econ and Business
- Introduction to Accounting
- Advanced Spanish Language Year 1
- Microeconomic Theory
- Money Banking and Finance
- Introductory Econometrics
- Ex-Advanced Language Year 2 Spanish
- The World & Language of Business (Spanish)
Year Three: Sandwich Year
- Intercalary Study Programme in Europe
- Financial Economics
- International Finance
- Economics of Banking
- High-Level Proficiency in Spanish Language
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
- Tuition fees for UK and Ireland Students: £10,200 per year.
- Tuition fees for International Students: £19,700 per year.
For more information about tuition fee, please visit the university website.
What skills will I practise and develop?
As a result of engaging fully with this course, you will acquire and develop a range of valuable skills, both those which are discipline specific and more generic ‘employability skills’. These will allow you to:
- Grasp complex issues with confidence
- Ask the right questions of complex texts
- Have an imaginative appreciation of different views and options and analyse these critically
- Identify and apply relevant data
- Develop practical research skills
- Propose imaginative solutions of your own that are rooted in evidence
- Communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively in writing and speech
- Sourcing, interpreting and presenting relevant numerical information – to support the composition of projects reports and business cases
- Work to deadlines and priorities, managing a range of tasks at the same time
- Work as part of a team, developing a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Use IT programmes and standard software packages, where appropriate
- Take responsibility for your own learning programme and professional development.
- Business Analyst
- HR Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Production Manager
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Banking and Finance with a European Language (Spanish)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Erie, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia