We have established a number of research centres including
- The Low Carbon Research Institute (LCRI)
- The BRE Centre for Sustainable Design of the Built Environment (SuDoBE)
- The Centre for Research in the Built Environment (CRiBE)
- The design Research Unit (DRUw) and
- The Practice Research and Advancement in South Asian Design and Architecture (PRASADA).
Research specialisms include
- Energy and environmental performance of buildings and systems
- Sustainability at an urban scale
- Resource use and management
- The city, landscape and environment
- Cultures, histories and ideas
- Visual cultures
- Practice and pedagogy
- Building design
- Project management
- Building law
- Digital design techniques and
- Architectural education.
- Students can apply for up to £500 per year for expenses relating to their research.
- There is the opportunity to become involved in teaching activities in the School.
Chat live with students from Cardiff University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Cardiff University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
Suitable for graduates in architecture, planning, engineering, social sciences, computer science and environmental sciences with an upper second class honours degree.
We welcome enquiries and applications from suitably qualified people wishing to conduct research in a relevant field.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
The full tuition fees for Full-time Opportunities in UK/EU students is £4,407. The tuition fees for Full-time Opportunities in International students is £17,450.
The full tuition fees for Part-Time Opportunities in UK/EU students is £2,204.The tuition fees for Part-Time Opportunities in International students is £8,725.
The types of jobs our students are often employed in include architecture firms, as university course tutors, consultant planner/designers, urban designers. Previous employers have included: Atkins, Cardiff University, Davies Sutton Architects, Hyder Consulting, Arup and Partners.
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Architecture (Research)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Liberec, Czech Republic