Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Accounting and Finance
Our BSc Accounting and Finance programme is accredited by the Accounting Professional Bodies and is designed to equip you with practical skills and professional confidence for a successful career in accounting and finance-related roles, or in preparation for postgraduate study and research.
On a universal first year, shared with our BSc Accounting programme, you’ll develop business and finance expertise from our team of international researchers and qualified accounting professionals. They’ll introduce you to corporate finance and strategy, markets, institutions and taxation while encouraging you to consider the social, economic and ethical implications of your decisions.
A programme of industry-specific workshops, organised in partnership with professional accounting firms and accrediting bodies, complements your academic study with exposure to real-world accounting and finance scenarios.
- Study on a degree accredited by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Acquire business and finance skills from leading international researchers and qualified accounting professionals.
- Train in our state-of-the-art Trading Room, the largest in Wales.
- Prepare for your career in finance with exemptions from chartered accounting professional examinations.
- Attend industry-specific workshops organised in partnership with finance professionals
Typical A level offer
AAB-ABB from 3 A Levels. Please note that General Studies, Citizenship Studies and Critical Thinking will not be accepted.
Extended Project Qualification: Applicants with grade A in the EPQ will typically receive an offer one grade lower than the standard A level offer. Please note that any subject specific requirements must still be met.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Applied Stats and Maths in Econ and Business
- Legal Studies
- Introduction to Management and Organisation
- Foundations of Business Accounting
- Professional Skills for Accountants
- Introduction to Economics
- Fundamentals of Financial Reporting
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Principles of Marketing and Strategy
- Management Accounting
- Corporate Financial Management
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Corporate Reporting
- Inferential Statistics, Statistical Modelling and Survey Methods
- Law of Commerce, Banking and Investment
- Auditing and Assurance
Year Three: Sandwich Year
- Financial Derivatives
- Management Accounting and Control
- Advanced Corporate Reporting
- Corporate Finance and Strategy
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Development of Accounting
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Analysis of Financial Reporting Information
- International Financial Management
- Public Sector Accounting
- Corporate Governance and Accountability
- Modelling in Management Science
- Taxation Policy, Practice and Administration
The full tuition fees for UK & EU Students is £9,000.The tuition fees for Students from outside the EU is £18,450
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
What skills will I practise and develop?
As a result of engaging fully with this course, you will acquire and develop a range of valuable skills, both those which are discipline specific and more generic ‘employability skills’. These will allow you to:
- Grasp complex issues with confidence
- Ask the right questions of complex texts
- Have an imaginative appreciation of different views and options and analyse these critically
- Identify and apply relevant data
- Develop practical research skills
- Propose imaginative solutions of your own that are rooted in evidence
- Communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively in writing and speech
- Sourcing, interpreting and presenting relevant numerical information – to support the composition of projects reports and business cases
- Work to deadlines and priorities, managing a range of tasks at the same time
- Work as part of a team, developing a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Use IT programmes and standard software packages, where appropriate
- Take responsibility for your own learning programme and professional development.
- Business Analyst
- HR Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Production Manager
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Accounting and Finance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...