Sports Medicine - Exercise Science Area
Students choosing Exercise Science Area must closely follow the Advisor’s recommendation for course sequencing. Students must complete 41 hours of required coursework within the Department of Mathematics and Division of Natural Science, not including electives for the Exercise Science Area. There are 12 hours of 300/400 level courses in Restricted Electives must be taken to fulfill the Upper Division hour requirement for graduation with advisor’s approval. Internship hours are required with this course.
GPA: 2.0 (4.0 scale)
(English proficiency tests are for students that don’t have English as their first language)
- TOEFL- 60
- Duolingo- 90
- PELMO- 55
- IELTS- 5.0
- SAT: 1000
- ACT: 19
The admissions team will accept SAT or EPT (English Proficiency test) for admission. We do not need both to be admitted to the university.
For more information please visit our website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- HP 389 Kinesiology Lab (Co-requisite with HP 390) 1
- HP 390 Kinesiology (Prerequisite: BIO 222) 3
- HP 393 Biomechanics (Prerequisite: MTH 112, BIO 222) 3
- HP 399 Physiology of Exercise Lab (Co-requisite with HP 400) 1
- HP 400 Physiology of Exercise (Prerequisite: BIO 222) 3
- HP 420 Exercise Testing and Prescription I (Prerequisite: HP 400) 3
- HP 421 Exercise Testing and Prescription II (Prerequisite: HP 420) 3
- HP 422 Exercise Testing and Prescription II Lab 1
- HP 450 Physical Activity and Aging 3
- HP 475 Conditioning and Rehabilitation Techniques of Athletic Injuries 3, CHE 111
- General Chemistry I (Prerequisite or Co-requisite: MTH 111) 3
- CHE 113 General Chemistry I Lab (concurrent enrollment in CHE 111) 1
- CHE 112 Chemistry II (Prerequisite: CHE 111) 3
- CHE 114 Chemistry II Lab (concurrent enrollment in CHE 112) 2
- PHY 141 General College Physics I (Prereq: HS or college alg and trig) 3
- PHY 143 General College Physics I Laboratory I (must take with PHY 141) 1
- PHY 142 General College Physics II (Prerequisite: PHY 141) 3
- PHY 144 General College Physics Lab II (concurrent enrollment in PHY 142) 1
- BIO 201 Zoology (Prerequisite: BIO 200) 4
- BIO 221 Human Anatomy and Physiology I (Prerequisite: CHE 111) 4
- BIO 222 Human Anatomy and Physiology II (Prerequisite: BIO 221) 4
- BIO 348 Medical Technology 3
- HP 485 Internship 4, MTH 111 College Algebra 3
- MTH 112 Trigonometry and Analytical Geometry (Prerequisite: MTH 111) 3, one of the following MTH 130 Elementary Statistics 3
- SOC 361 Social Statistics
- PSY 361 Social Statistics, 12 credit hours of the following BIO 200 Biological Concepts 4
- BIO 321 Microbiology 5
- BIO 362 Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy with Lab 5
- BIO 348 Medical Terminology (BIO 201) 3
- BIO 475 Human Physiology (Prerequisites: BIO 221, BIO 222) 3
- CHE 341/343 Organic Chemistry I (with its lab – CHE 343) 3-4
- CHE 342/344 Organic Chemistry II (with its lab – CHE 344) 3-5
- PSY 321 Lifespan Development (Prerequisite: PSY 111) 3
- PSY 412 Abnormal Psychology 3
- HP 300 Principles of Strength Training and Conditioning (Prerequisite: BIO 110) 3
- HP 302 Assessment of Physical Activity 3
- HP 310 Nutrition 3
- HP 320 Human Sexuality, Education, and Society 3
- HP 355 Stress Management 3
- HP 401 Principles of Human Factors of Ergonomics 3
- HP 430 Psychology of Sport 3
- HP 485 Internship 1
- Plus General Education Requirements
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The total price of this program is $63,800, or $15,950 per year for all international students.
For domestic students tuition will be determined after filing FAFSA and after the receipt of transcripts have been received.
- Dietetic Assistant
- Fitness Instructor
- Health Coach
- Personal Trainer
- Athletic Trainer
- Exercise Physiologist
- Therapist - Physical, Massage, Occupational, Respiratory
- Medical Assistant
- Physician Assistant
About this institute
Campbellsville University is a comprehensive, Christian institution that offers more than 80 majors and certifications that run the gamut from accelerated courses to postgraduate programs, we have an educational path that will not only align with your specific interests and talents...
Want to know more about Sports Medicine - Exercise Science Area? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
High Wycombe, England