Special Education - Mild/ Moderate
The MA program prepares candidates to assume advanced roles in the field of Special Education. Current research and best practices in the field of Special Education underpin the curriculum. The program consists of a core of advanced coursework, electives, and a culminating experience (thesis or comprehensive exam) that support advance study in the field of Special Education. There are 30 units of course work with a minimum of 21 semester units completed in residence. Candidates who apply to both the Master of Arts Degree and the Clear credential must adhere to the requirements for both programs (e.g., GPA and course grade requirements).
Mild/Moderate Disabilities (M/M) includes: specific learning disabilities; mild to moderate intellectual and developmental disabilities; other health impairments; serious emotional disturbance and authorizes service in grades K–12 and classes organized primarily for adults through age 22.
Chat live with students from CSUDH
Do you want to know what it's like to study at California State University, Dominguez Hills? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
Master of Arts in Special Education Admission Requirements
In addition to the General Program Admission Requirements the following MA requirements must be met:
- Valid initial and/or advanced Special Education credential (e.g., California Level I/II, Preliminary/Clear, LH, SH, or Life Special Education Teaching Credential; out of state candidates must have equivalent credentials);
- Candidates who are applying to both the MA and Clear Credential must do so simultaneously;
- Successful admission to the university with the following conditions:
- Candidates who satisfy all the requirements for university and program admission will be admitted fully with Classified Standing;
- Candidates accepted with Conditional Standing will have one semester to meet the conditions for Classified Standing;
- Completion of the Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) before or during the first semester of classes. Candidates who do not obtain a GWE test score of 8 or higher must enroll in ENG 350 or an equivalent approved course during their second semester.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In addition to the Special Education major requirements, modules for the Mild/ Moderate Option include:
- Collaborating to Develop Self Determined Learners
- Behavior Management in School Settings
- Assessment of Students with Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Instructional Strategies and Early Fieldwork for Individuals with Mild/Moderate Disabilities
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
- Tuition Fees: $8,379 (24 units/2 semesters)
- Non-Resident Supplemental Tuition ($396/unit): $6,336 (16 units/2 semesters)
About this institute
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Established in 1960, California State University, Dominguez Hills (called CSUDH) is a highly diverse, metropolitan university primarily serving the South Bay area of Los Angeles County with easy access to downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood and the sunny California beaches. CSUDH...
Want to know more about Special Education - Mild/ Moderate? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Carson, United States of America
Carson, United States of America