About this program
Liberal Studies - Special
Liberal Studies (LBS) is an interdisciplinary undergraduate major for students who intend to become elementary and special education teachers or to pursue related graduate work. Courses leading to the B.A. in Liberal Studies focus on the subject areas taught in elementary schools as well as professional preparation and early fieldwork. LBS is a California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) approved Elementary Subject Matter Preparation Program (ESM). LBS also offers two Integrated Teacher Education Programs (ITEP) in which students earn a B.A. and a credential for teaching elementary school (multiple subjects) or special education (education specialist mild/moderate).
A special option, consisting of at least four courses and a minimum of 12 units, in a relevant subject matter area, may be petitioned by the student for consideration.
Chat live with students from CSUDH
Do you want to know what it's like to study at California State University, Dominguez Hills? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- High school GPA of 2.5 (“B” average) or higher
- High school graduation certificate or exam results
- Proof of English proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Language And Culture
- Introduction to Second-Language Learning and Teaching
- Structure Of Spanish
- Critical Reading of Literature
- Critical Approaches to Children's Literature
- Languages in Praxis
- General Biology
- General Biology Laboratory
- Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers: Real Numbers
- Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers: Geometry & Statistics
- Physical Science for Teachers
- Earth Sciences for Teachers
- Child and Adolescent Development
- World History I
- Ancient Civilizations
- The California Experience
- History of American Immigration
- Looking At Art
- Television Film and Theatre
- Dance Perceptions
- Introducing Music
- Arts/Crafts For Non-Major
- Dance for Children
- Dance Education in the Elementary School
- Music for Children
- Introduction to Orff Schulwerk
- Creative Dramatics
- Multicultural Children's Theatre
- Engineering and the Arts in the Elementary
- Introduction to Teaching: Becoming a Transformative Educator
- Schooling in a Multicultural Society
- Responsive Teaching and Classroom Management
- Teaching and Learning in Diverse Classrooms
- Senior Seminar in Liberal Studies
- Physical Education in the Elementary School
- Educating Exceptional Children and Youth
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
- Tuition Fees: $6,945 (24 units/2 semesters)
- Non-Resident Supplemental Tuition ($396/unit): $9,504 (24 units/2 semesters)
Liberal Studies is the preferred undergraduate major for students preparing to teach elementary or special education.
Message the school
About this institute
Study at California State University, Dominguez Hills
Welcome to California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) in South Los Angeles, California. Our institution has SMART classrooms, new sports facilities, and a 1-million square meter campus. International students can join our Study Abroad America program for one or two semesters. You...
Want to know more about Liberal Studies - Special? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!