Liberal Studies - General Studies
Liberal Studies (LBS) is an interdisciplinary undergraduate major for students who intend to become elementary and special education teachers or to pursue related graduate work. Courses leading to the B.A. in Liberal Studies focus on the subject areas taught in elementary schools as well as professional preparation and early fieldwork. LBS is a California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) approved Elementary Subject Matter Preparation Program (ESM). LBS also offers two Integrated Teacher Education Programs (ITEP) in which students earn a B.A. and a credential for teaching elementary school (multiple subjects) or special education (education specialist mild/moderate).
- High school GPA of 3.0 (“B” average) or higher
- High school graduation certificate or exam results
- Proof of English proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Language And Culture
- Introduction to Second-Language Learning and Teaching
- Structure Of Spanish
- Critical Reading of Literature
- Critical Approaches to Children's Literature
- Languages in Praxis
- General Biology
- General Biology Laboratory
- Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers: Real Numbers
- Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers: Geometry & Statistics
- Physical Science for Teachers
- Earth Sciences for Teachers
- Child and Adolescent Development
- World History I
- Ancient Civilizations
- The California Experience
- History of American Immigration
- Looking At Art
- Television Film and Theatre
- Dance Perceptions
- Introducing Music
- Arts/Crafts For Non-Major
- Dance for Children
- Dance Education in the Elementary School
- Music for Children
- Introduction to Orff Schulwerk
- Creative Dramatics
- Multicultural Children's Theatre
- Engineering and the Arts in the Elementary
- Introduction to Teaching: Becoming a Transformative Educator
- Schooling in a Multicultural Society
- Responsive Teaching and Classroom Management
- Teaching and Learning in Diverse Classrooms
- Senior Seminar in Liberal Studies
- Physical Education in the Elementary School
- Educating Exceptional Children and Youth
- Tuition Fees: $6,945 (24 units/2 semesters)
- Non-Resident Supplemental Tuition ($396/unit): $9,504 (24 units/2 semesters)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
Liberal Studies is the preferred undergraduate major for students preparing to teach elementary or special education.
About this institute
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Established in 1960, California State University, Dominguez Hills (called CSUDH) is a highly diverse, metropolitan university primarily serving the South Bay area of Los Angeles County with easy access to downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood and the sunny California beaches. CSUDH...
Want to know more about Liberal Studies - General Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America
Tel Aviv, Israel