The Journalism program is dedicated to high standards in journalistic practices, skills, and specializations with a strong focus on analytical reasoning, critical thinking and problem solving. The program provides a broad-based curriculum designed to promote news and information literacy; proficiency in the various journalistic forms and styles; an understanding of the new media landscape; and information dissemination practices through contemporary and emerging media tools. The program is committed to freedom of the press, freedom of expression, freedom of inquiry, and the questioning of dominant institutional practices and ideologies. It encourages dedication to ethical practices including truth, accuracy, fairness, diversity, inclusivity, and independence.
The program further provides an understanding of media representations of gender, race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation, and encourages professional practice that respects all forms of diversity. It trains students to be sensitive to and provide a voice for underserved populations and communities; works in the public interest; and encourages community engagement and social responsibility to audiences and the society at large.
Chat live with students from CSUDH
Do you want to know what it's like to study at California State University, Dominguez Hills? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- High school GPA of 2.5 (“B” average) or higher
- High school graduation certificate or exam results
- Proof of English proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- News and Information Literacy
- Law Of The Mass Media
- Cross-Cultural Journalism
- Reporting and Information Gathering
- Media Industries
- News Production Workshop
- Senior Project
- Internship in Communications
- Media & Society
- Digital Toolkit
- Digital Toolkit Laboratory
- Introduction to Digital Media Production
- Introduction to Digital Media Production Laboratory
- Newswriting For Media
- Broadcast Journalism
- Broadcast Journalism Laboratory
- Sports Journalism
- Entertainment and Lifestyle Journalism
- Digital Journalism
- Digital Journalism Laboratory
- Multimedia Interviewing Practices
- News Editing And Design
- Feature and Critical Writing
- Communication Graphics
- Public Affairs and Editorial Writing
- Investigative Reporting
- Digital Magazine Production
- Digital Magazine Production Laboratory
- Media Analysis and Research Methods
- Media Psychology
- Independent Study
- Special Topics:
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
- Tuition Fees: $6,945 (24 units/2 semesters)
- Non-Resident Supplemental Tuition ($396/unit): $9,504 (24 units/2 semesters)
Students seeking careers in print, digital, broadcast, and contemporary news media will complete the program proficient in journalistic practices including writing, research, reporting, interviewing, editing, and publishing across multiple platforms. Students will demonstrate an understanding of the technological, professional, and economic changes that transform the industry through a thorough examination of media institutions and structures. Graduating students compete for journalism careers regionally, nationally and globally.
About this institute
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Established in 1960, California State University, Dominguez Hills (called CSUDH) is a highly diverse, metropolitan university primarily serving the South Bay area of Los Angeles County with easy access to downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood and the sunny California beaches. CSUDH...
Want to know more about Journalism? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...