About this program
The music program is affiliated with the Division of Performing, Visual and Digital Media Arts at CSU Dominguez Hills.
Students majoring in Digital Media Arts with an option in audio recording, or electronic music synthesis may choose the minor in music.
A Master of Arts in Arts and Humanities is offered by the College or Arts and Humanities. It is possible to have an emphasis in music while broadening your knowledge in the other humanities.
The objectives of the music program are:
- To offer music courses for both the General Education program and the department that develop cultural knowledge and professional skills.
- To provide each music student with a broad knowledge of music history and theory.
- To improve the musicianship skills of each music student.
- To give students opportunities for hands-on experience with current music and media-related technologies.
- To provide music students with career-oriented skills for use in the music industry.
- To provide courses appropriate for the training of music teachers for studios and private and public schools.
- To provide opportunities for the entire University community to experience music as a means of personal fulfillment.
Chat live with students from CSUDH
Do you want to know what it's like to study at California State University, Dominguez Hills? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- High school GPA of 2.5 (“B” average) or higher
- High school graduation certificate or exam results
- Proof of English proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In addition to the Music major requirements, modules for the General Music Option include:
- Concert Music
- Introducing Music
- Intro. To Music Theory
- Beginning Voice Class
- Concert Music
- Individual Lessons
- Concert Music II
- Intermediate Voice Class
- Individual Lessons
- Concert Music III
- Music In World Cultures
- Advanced Voice Class
- Early-Baroque Music
- Concert Music IV
- Classical-Romantic Music
- Late Romantic-th/st Music
- Senior Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
- Tuition Fees: $6,945 (24 units/2 semesters)
- Non-Resident Supplemental Tuition ($396/unit): $9,504 (24 units/2 semesters)
Some graduates have elected to continue postgraduate study in the areas of teaching, musicology, composition, performance and conducting.
Graduates currently are working in the following fields:
- Music teaching
- Private music teaching in music stores, studios, and in the home
- Community college teaching
- Arts administration
- Symphony orchestra performance
- Opera performance
- Church music composition and performance
- Church choir direction
- Music buying and music store management
- Popular music and jazz performance
- Gospel music performance and composition
Message the school
About this institute
Study at California State University, Dominguez Hills
Welcome to California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) in South Los Angeles, California. Our institution has SMART classrooms, new sports facilities, and a 1-million square meter campus. International students can join our Study Abroad America program for one or two semesters. You...
Want to know more about General Music? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!