About this program
Criminal Justice Administration (BSc)
The Bachelor of Science in Public Administration is designed to provide professional preparation for administrative or managerial positions in public service organizations. The degree program requires:
- Completion of a set of core courses common to all public administration students;
- A concentration and
- Two additional courses for breadth. The Bachelor of Science in Public Administration Degree is a single-field major, which means that students are not required to complete a minor for graduation.
The Minor in Public Administration is designed to provide a basic foundation in public management. The minor is especially appropriate for students who major in the Social and Behavioral Sciences. It is an attractive option to students with majors in fields that lead to public sector employment, like recreation or health science.
In addition to full-time faculty, the department has part-time faculty who are practicing public managers in their areas of specialization. Several of the full-time faculty also have lengthy careers as public managers.
To complement the traditional classroom instruction, the Department of Public Administration and Public Policy offers a number of activities that enhance the total educational experience of students. The department sponsors speakers and professional symposia. The faculty also sponsors the Dominguez Public Administration Association (DPAA), a student club open to all public administration students, and Pi Alpha Alpha, a renowned national honor society for outstanding Public Administration students.
Chat live with students from CSUDH
Do you want to know what it's like to study at California State University, Dominguez Hills? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- High school GPA of 2.5 (“B” average) or higher
- High school graduation certificate or exam results
- Proof of English proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In addition to the Public Administration major requirements, modules for the Criminal Justice Administration concentration include:
- Criminal Justice & Community
- Legal and Ethical Foundations of Justice in Criminal Justice Administration
- Administrative Law
- Criminal Law and Justice Administration
- Juvenile Justice Process
- Policing and the Administration of Justice
- Terrorism & Extremism
- Restorative Justice&Peacbldng
- American Constitutional Law: Distribution of Power
- Labor-Management Relations in Government
- Analytic Decision-Making
- Urban Administration
- Administrative Planning
- Juvenile Delinquency
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
- Tuition Fees: $6,945 (24 units/2 semesters)
- Non-Resident Supplemental Tuition ($396/unit): $9,504 (24 units/2 semesters)
Message the school
About this institute
Study at California State University, Dominguez Hills
Welcome to California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) in South Los Angeles, California. Our institution has SMART classrooms, new sports facilities, and a 1-million square meter campus. International students can join our Study Abroad America program for one or two semesters. You...
Want to know more about Criminal Justice Administration (BSc)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!