Criminal Justice Administration
The Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration is designed to provide professional preparation for private, public and non-profit sector professionals in the fields of national and local law enforcement, law, corrections, juvenile justice, homeland security and intelligence analysis. The degree program requires: 1) completion of two lower division required courses common to all students in the Department of Public Administration & Public Policy; 2) completion of a set of upper division core courses common to all Criminal Justice Administration students; and 3) four elective courses. The Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration Degree is a single-field major, which means that students are not required to complete a minor for graduation.
The Minor in Criminal Justice Administration is designed to provide a basic foundation in Criminal Justice Administration. The minor is especially appropriate for students who major in the Social and Behavioral Sciences. It is an attractive option for students with majors in fields that lead to employment in law enforcement, law, corrections, juvenile justice, homeland security and intelligence analysis.
Chat live with students from CSUDH
Do you want to know what it's like to study at California State University, Dominguez Hills? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- High school GPA of 2.5 (“B” average) or higher
- High school graduation certificate or exam results
- Proof of English proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Information Systems and Technology Fundamentals
- Finite Mathematics
- Elementary Statistics and Probability
- Statistics & Probability with Support
- Selected Topics in Mathematics
- Foundations of Public Administration
- Research Methods and Communication in Criminal Justice Administration
- Criminal Justice & Community
- Statistics in Criminal Justice Administration
- Legal and Ethical Foundations of Justice in Criminal Justice Administration
- Theories of Crime and Criminal Justice Policy
- Criminal Law and Justice Administration
- Juvenile Justice Process
- Policing and the Administration of Justice
- Terrorism & Extremism
- Corrections Adminitration and Policy
- Capstone in Criminal Justice Administration
- Administrative Law
- Terrorism & Extremism
- Forensic Science
- Investigative Interviewing, Interrogation, and Lie Detection
- Eyewitness Evidence and the Law
- Intelligence and National Security
- Homeland Security
- Gender, Race and the Administration of Justice
- Restorative Justice&Peacbldng
- Administration of Financial Resources
- Public Personnel Administration
- Independent Study
- Gangs and Adolescent Subcultures
- Deviant Behavior
- Juvenile Delinquency
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
- Tuition Fees: $6,945 (24 units/2 semesters)
- Non-Resident Supplemental Tuition ($396/unit): $9,504 (24 units/2 semesters)
The job opportunities for students in criminal justice administration are as diverse as the range of services provided by governments in the United States.
In addition, the program provides employment preparation for: nonprofit organizations and some private sector firms. The degree also provides a strong base for those pursuing a career in law.
About this institute
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Established in 1960, California State University, Dominguez Hills (called CSUDH) is a highly diverse, metropolitan university primarily serving the South Bay area of Los Angeles County with easy access to downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood and the sunny California beaches. CSUDH...
Want to know more about Criminal Justice Administration? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America
High Wycombe, England
Cedar City, United States of America
San Diego, United States of America