About this program
The Art History Option offers students a diversity of exposure to the styles and subjects of cultures and nations of the Western and non-Western world, from prehistoric times to the contemporary era. Particular emphasis is placed on developing the student's ability to critically understand the ideas and imagery found within the art works of various cultures and individual artists and architects. A minor is recommended. Our goals are:
- To provide students with an overview of art history and introduce them to visual composition.
- To give students a detailed introduction to the major historical periods and areas (painting, sculpture, architecture, minor arts) of art history.
- To introduce students to research techniques and methods of critically approaching problems of subject matter and style.
Chat live with students from CSUDH
Do you want to know what it's like to study at California State University, Dominguez Hills? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- High school GPA of 2.5 (“B” average) or higher
- High school graduation certificate or exam results
- Proof of English proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In addition to the Art major requirements, modules for the Art History Option include:
- Seminar in Theories of Art Criticism
- Early European Art
- Late European Art
- Asian Art
- Art Of The United States
- Art Of California and the Southwest
- Latin American Art
- African Art And Culture
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
- Tuition Fees: $6,945 (24 units/2 semesters)
- Non-Resident Supplemental Tuition ($396/unit): $9,504 (24 units/2 semesters)
- Research and consultation work for theater designers and museums
- Positions in supervising commercial art galleries, private collections, historic homes and landmarks
- Consultant for stores and business dealing in art works
- Tour leader or guide to collections in major or smaller museums
- Library worker
Message the school
About this institute
Study at California State University, Dominguez Hills
Welcome to California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) in South Los Angeles, California. Our institution has SMART classrooms, new sports facilities, and a 1-million square meter campus. International students can join our Study Abroad America program for one or two semesters. You...
Want to know more about Art History? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!