Study Rural Innovation & Development at CAH Vilentum
CAH Vilentum offers an English-language degree programme in the field of rural innovation and development for students interested in a career in one of the following profiles:
- Rural analyst, mapping out an area’s physical and socio-economic possibilities
- Senior / junior advisor for innovation and development projects
- Consultant, handling complex rural development processes
- Policy maker at a national, regional or local level
During your study, you will work closely with people from the professional world and stakeholders who are active in rural development. You'll learn how to handle and manage complex tasks by implementing practical assignments. Graduates will have a broad overview of how to diversify businesses and activities that could bring direct or indirect benefits to the residents of an area.
This program is for those interested in professional, upper, and middle management functions in governmental institutions, non-governmental organisations (NGO’s), and private companies dealing with innovation in rural and green areas. It is highly relevant to understand how different factors can influence rural quality of life. Students will work closely with local stakeholders and professional organisations in order to gain extensive knowledge and professional experience in the forces at work in area development.
Upon completion of the International Rural Innovation and Development program, graduates will have developed competence in the following areas:
- Interpersonal: leading, negotiating, networking, intercultural skills
- Job-oriented: problem analysis, practical research, planning and organising, decisiveness, flexible behaviour, initiative.
- Intrapersonal: handling stress, ability to adapt to new situations, learning capacity
The Admission Requirements for the Bachelor in International Rural Innovation and Development at CAH Vilentum University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands are:
- At least three years of University study in agriculture or a related subject
- A minimum 550 score in the TOEFL test of English or a formally recognised equivalent such as the IELTS (level 6.0)
- The ability to formulate coherently in written English, and to have a vision of the chosen area of interest. Essay writing is part of the selection procedure
- Strong motivation to be successful in the sector
- Team spirit, a flexible attitude in an international working environment
- Funding in the form of a grant or a stipend, or private means
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
For information about tuition and fees, please complete an information request form.
Bachelor Degree in Rural Development
With students from over 20 countries, CAH Vilentum University of Applied Sciences offers students a truly international environment for their studies. Learn all about it hereWith students from over 20 countries, CAH Vilentum offers students a truly international environment for their studies. Watch this video to learn more!
About this institute
CAH Vilentum University of Applied Sciences offers education programmes in agriculture, food, horticulture, agribusiness and animal science. The professional educational institute is located in the centre of the Netherlands, in the Polder province of Flevoland and has 80 academic faculty...
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.