MSc Arts & Cultural Management
Become a future arts and cultural manager in the dynamic market of cultural and creative industries
A 1-year programme, 100% English taught and designed for world-class students or professionals with a non-French Bachelor degree which equips them to gain managerial positions in the fields of performing arts, cultural heritage, cultural and creative industries, both at a national and international level.
An impressive international network of academics and professionals from Italy, Germany, Spain, the UK and the USA
- Conference with professionals from the industry (Head of Philanthropy at BNP Paribas, KissKissBankBank etc.)
A broad vision of the sector: from arts budgeting and fundraising to cultural project engineering and event management from an international perspective
- Organization of an international festival in the arts and cultural sector (in 2017: International Festival in Besançon Excentricités in collaboration with the Institute of Fine Arts) that teaches students how to work with artists at all levels: management, communication, logistics…
- Creation of a Cultural Diary to understand and analyze the current trends in arts and culture
A special focus on cultural entrepreneurship and assistance in developing entrepreneurial projects
- Organisation of an art festival or project with artists from the Higher National School of Fine Arts
- Specific courses dedicated to entrepreneurship: cultural entrepreneurship, intellectual property and copyright, arts budgeting, Cultural project engineering, etc.
- Personalised coaching for students to develop entrepreneurial projects
International study visits and participation in cultural events
- Visit to international companies (in 2017: Amazon)
- One field trip to a European capital with specific study visits, conferences, events, encounter with professionals (in 2017: Madrid)
- A joint workshop in a UNESCO world heritage site
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- A non-French Bachelor degree or a French Master 1in any field
- A passion or project in Arts
- English language certificate (for non-native speakers) equivalent to TOEIC (785) or IELTS (6.0) or TOEFL (79)
Step 1: Fill in the online application form on BSB's website
Step 2: Motivation interview
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
According to EY's study commissioned by CISAC & UNESCO in 2015, the cultural industries are one of the biggest employers in the world. Cultural and creative industries provide 29.5 millions jobs worldwide.
Graduates from the MSc Arts & Cultural Management will gain the knowledge and know-how to take up managerial positions in the fields of:
- performing arts (theatre, dance, music, litterature…),
- cultural heritage (touristic sites, museums, galleries…),
- NGOs in the cultural and creative sector,
- cultural and creative industries (media, press, films, music industry...)
Burgundy School of Business presentation by our students in our brand new campus in Dijon. Programmes description: Bachelor Marketing & Business, Master in Management, MSc Arts & Cultural Management, MSc Corporate Finance & Investment Banking, MSc Wine Management, MBA Wine & Spirits Business. Discover our students testimonials.
About this institute
Burgundy School of Business - BSB
The Burgundy School of Business, originally founded in Dijon in 1899, is a leading teaching and research school belonging to the network of top French academic institutions in management. Top 1% Business Schools in the world with double accreditation: AACSB and EQUIS Among the...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Want to know more about MSc Arts & Cultural Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America