About this program
MSc Tourism Management
The aim of our Masters degree program in Tourism Management is to train tourism professionals with professional competencies and knowledge, who will independently be able to: perform planning, decision-making and management functions in the areas of tourism; analyze the operations of the economic areas concerned, prepare concepts, plans and studies related to supply and organizational development, implement development projects and to manage enterprises and institutions.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Knowledge of Economics and Social Sciences
Economic Statistics and Decision Analysis, Strategic Management and Planning, Research Methodology and Creativity Development, Economic and Financial Policy
General professional knowledge
Tourism systems, International hotel and hospitality management, Leadership, Creative project, Marketing management in tourism, Sustainable development and tourism planning
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the school website for more information.
Study Schedule: Full time
Form of Financing: Self-funded - 400 HUF / semester
For more information, please visit the school website.
Tuition fee: €3,000 per semester
Students who successfully complete the Masters degree in Tourism Management will have the following skills and be able to:
- Confidently integrate and creatively apply theoretical and practical knowledge of the tourism sector and the economy in general,
- Interpret tourism knowledge in a multicultural and global context,
- Think strategically and innovatively for successful decision-making and problem solving,
- Effectively manage and co-operate within an organizational framework, exploiting synergies between tourism co-operation networks,
- Communicate convincingly at a high level, in both written and oral, and
- Utilize an ethical approach to economic problems based on environmental and social responsibility.
The diverse and unique world of tourism requires versatile, creative managers.
Among other things, our Masters degree enables you to perform the following tasks at a higher level:
- organization and management of tourism enterprises (accommodation, event organizers, airlines, restaurants …)
- creating a tourism strategy or marketing plan for municipalities, regions
- experience-based development of tourist attractions (e.g. festivals, cultural heritage, national parks …)
- launching tourism businesses based on modern business models.
Choose our program to start or accelerate your tourism career.
Graduates will find positions in:
- Tourism enterprises,
- Local governments and ministries,
- Travel agencies,
- Tourist destination management organizations,
- Tourism marketing companies, and
- Organization and management in non-profits and NGOs.
Message the school
About this institute
Budapest Business School
BBS is Hungary’s market leading university and largest business school with a professional history of 160 years, educating more than 18,000 students and having international students from all around the world. The university is offering full degree programs on bachelor’s,...
Why study at Budapest Business School
- Established in 1857
- 18000 students
- 1000 international students from 80 countries
- 200+ partner universities
- 1000+ active corporate relationships including Robert Bosch, Citi Global, Microsoft Artificial Intelligence Business School
- Full scholarship opportunities
Several double-degree options in Europe and overseas
- Augsburg University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- University of Stirling (UK)
- Avans University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands)
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- Shih Chien University (Taiwan),
- Thomas More University (Belgium),
- Universite de Picardie Jules Verne (France),
- University of Asturias, Oviedo (Spain);
- University of Le Havre (France);
- Hof University of Applied Sciences (Germany);
- Kempten, Duale Hochschule Baden-Wurttemberg Villingen-Schwenningen (Germany).
International accreditation in 2020 Faculty of Finance and Accounting was nominated the most popular Hungarian faculty
Want to know more about MSc Tourism Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain